Notices

One Year

Old 04-03-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Year

Still not sure how I made it this far but today I'm happy to say I've been sober for one year. Something I didn't think I could do for this long. It feels like your in a world of your own sometimes. As I left work last night to go downstairs and change the bar at the restaurant I work at was packed people standing on the end drinking beers laughing I had to ask them politely to move so I could get downstairs. Then I get down their and I just laughed at how your constantly getting tested and having these things put infront of your face. I thought someone somwhere was trying to throw in the temptation the night before my one year. Then again everyday I go or leave work I have to walk past the bar to get downstairs.

I'm not sure what I want to do today I live 5 minutes from Hampton beach I was thinking of maybe going their and just walking around or doing some reflecting on this past year and possibly looking ahead to the future. Not sure yet but going to try to treat myself to something before I work at 4. Just don't know what it is yet. To all those who are looking to make it to a year it goes by fast so weather your on day 7 or day 77 just hang tight and eventually it becomes less about the days and more about the quality of life and your relationship with family and loved ones and those who care. You get something not many people have a clear head and mind free of alcohol and drugs. Plus you save money along the way to.

In closing as I start my day I want to thank sober recovery and its members for being their when I was up down and all of the above. It's a true blessing to be able to speak your mind when you have so many things to say and see the encouragement of others doing the same thing as you do day in and day out. It's very rare we meet sober people in everyday life, so it's nice to be able to talk to them and share stories on here it makes my world go round and I'm sure it does for many others as well. I hope everyone has a great Easter Sunday! Enjoy everybody and keep up the good work!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on one year, Brad! That is really awesome! And what a challenge having to go through the bar everyday, well done!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

A Big Congrats on your First Year sober!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Brad...congratulations on one year! Definitely do something special for yourself today. You deserve it!!
Old 04-03-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Brad! That's amazing and I loved your post! Very inspiring! :-)
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your one year of sobriety Brad! You inspired me today as i am on day 5. No drinking for 5 days...i have not done that in years. I'm sure there will be many challenges for me too (many of my friends and co-workers drink) however your story and the stories of others in this forum will be a source of strength for me in the days ahead. Bless you.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Really awesome Brad, well done.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Brad
Old 04-03-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic Brad!!