Notices

New here

Old 08-19-2004, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jenniejoe

Unhappy New here

I have decided to join because I have a two month old daughter and believe that my husband is an alcoholic. He leaves to go to the store or do running and always ends up at the bar. He comes home late from work everynight because he has to stop at the bar. He hardly spends anytime with his daughter because he would rather be at the bar. It hurts me a great deal. I mean my daughter is to young to understand right now but what is she going to do when she is old enough and he misses anything shes involved in because his only motivation is drinking.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi Shygal,
Welcome. There are a lot of people who are dealing with similar situations here. Please come and join us on the Family and Friends forum. Unfortunately we can't make our loved one's see that they need help until they are ready. We can, however, learn to find some peace and serenity in our own lives. We don't have to do it alone. Feel free to browse, post, or reply. There is a lot of hope and support here. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Shygal,
It's hard when their drinking becomes more important than their family relationships. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the disease. I will echo Magic and invite you to come join us on Family and Friends. There are a lot of people there who understand what you're going through.
Gabe
Old 08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hi Shygal,
You're in a tough spot there I agree with the other posters. There's a lot of love and support on the other forums too.
Hugs, Sandy
Old 08-20-2004, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Angelindisguise

Unhappy Looking for others to help me help the love of my life....

I am new to this....but I need someone to talk/chat with. I, myself have never done drugs but my boyfriend is a recovering heroin addict of 5-6 years....he was doing great until yesterday when he relapsed. I am so upset I don't know who to turn to...I just want someone to talk to...