Notices

Fourth Day not Unlike the First

Old 04-02-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fourth Day not Unlike the First

Uggg. I'm still feeling anxious, like a huge weight is on my chest that I can't get off. I want to fill a hole, fill it with alcohol. How do people make it through the first day. Second day, third day...God I hope this gets better. Easier.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You focus. You dedicate every breath you take to it. You think it is your fire base and the enemy are trying to get in through the wire. you spot the thought, you spot the image, you spot the craving, you sight in on it and open up. and you wait for the next comer. you live in the present. You live 3 minutes at a time. You live 15 minutes at time you live one hour at a time you live . . . . one day at a time
Old 04-02-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Pasttime View Post
I want to fill a hole, fill it with alcohol. How do people make it through the first day. Second day, third day...God I hope this gets better. Easier.
People get through it by not drinking. And it gets easier...when you figure out how to fill that hole, that void, with things that further your recovery.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.

I don’t know your history but I bet you did not start drinking in the last month.

I had to realize that all the toxic alcohol I consumed the result was negative both physically and mentally. It ain’t gona get back to “normal” fast fast.

It takes, what alcoholics hate to hear, TIME WORK AND CHANGE. It all starts by staying away from the first drink which is our enemy, not a friend anymore.

Alcohol is powerful, baffling, cunning and insidious. We get well by staying away from it and…..

BE WELL
Old 04-02-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi past time,

i don't know why this time is different for me. i have tried before and felt like you so i really understand. what can u do. try to read something inspirational, even just a quote. take a walk, a hot shower, do downward dog, visit a puppy shelter and make a friend. eat something green. remember you are not alone, i am sending my strength and energy to you to be strong. you can do this. hell we all can do this. we just have to put one foot in front of the other

in case you do not access to a good hug here is one for you. >---------O----------<
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Pasttime View Post
Uggg. I'm still feeling anxious, like a huge weight is on my chest that I can't get off. I want to fill a hole, fill it with alcohol. How do people make it through the first day. Second day, third day...God I hope this gets better. Easier.
Those first few days of ridding ourselves of the habit is not easy - I drank a ton of fruit juice, ate a bunch of ice cream and cookies and tried to learn some meditation/prayer as well as post here and go to meetings. For me - Alone, it would have been impossible as I proved many times. Combined, those things seemed to work for me with a lot of support.

I can't
He Can
I need to let Him, is my experience!

Keep posting!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
(It takes) . . . .TIME WORK AND CHANGE.
there you go
Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

AC/DC has this one hook line:

come into the house of,
come into the house of,
come into the house of change.

(and then for good measure they throw in . . .)

Are you coming in?"

and then they rock some more.

their one singer drank himself to death one night, just that one drink too many. And they were gone for years after that and then they came back. What do you want to bet that between leaving and coming back they might have all come into the house of change so that they wouldn't end up like their late singer?

TIME WORK AND . . . . CHANGE
Old 04-02-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Pasttime
Old 04-02-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things going now, pasttime?

D