Notices

I cant keep failing

Old 04-01-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I cant keep failing

I've been on and off the wagon so many times over the past several years I can't begin to count. Trying to stay sober is pretty much my every thought. My health is not the best and I know it's because of alcohol. My main trigger is stress. Most other triggers I can usually deal with. I get very down and depressed and I almost want to give up. I know today is a new day but I can't fail again. I don't post on SR too often but do check in frequently to read other's posts and it has helped in the past.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Zackman have you got a sobriety plan ?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted.

Is there something different or that you can add to your recovery program to help stop you from drinking? There are healthy ways to deal with stress. Have you tried yoga, meditation, simple breathing techniques - all those things can help stress. Reading a good book, listening to music, going for a walk are all healthy ways to get through a tough situation.

Have faith that you can do this.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zackman - Good to see you.

I know you're frustrated, but you aren't giving up - many don't keep trying. I had numerous failures, but after drinking all my life, I have over 7 yrs. sober. I was exhausted from trying to manage it and realized it only added to my anxiety. I kept believing the fantasy that I could have a few once in awhile. It never happened. I just can't touch the stuff. You will come to realize that - and you will get well.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by zackman View Post
IMy main trigger is stress.
The main cause of stress for an alcoholic is not being able to drink. That's what early withdrawal is all about--the battle between your addiction that wants to drink, and the part of you that wants to get sober.

Expect it and push through it.