Notices

Not again!!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not again!!

After my comments last week, I went all week no alcohol etc, I used to drink about 3 times a week......twice binge!!
All was fine but yesterday went away for a relax break and we had dinner, I decided a bottle wine for us both, which turned into several pints after , I feel so uneasy on my feet today, disorientated etc, I have had shakes and paranoid to hell AGAIN!
Why have I don't this again, will I be ok? What can I do to releave the ssues today? I have had lots water im peeing every twenty mins, any help please
Old 03-29-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Go at things again, but tweak your plan again!!

Does your wife know you are quitting drinking, as that would be a good conversation to have?

The other thing would be to stay away from activities that could lead to drinking, when I got Sober I had to make some tough decisions on what to fill my weekends with to make Sobriety happen, we have to make it work at all costs, even if that meant sitting in for many weekends just to build up some Sober muscles!!

You can do this!!
Old 03-29-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, will I be ok though I think I might die etc its silly!! my brain feels like it has shrunk and I cant walk proper!! I am so scared I need to stop drinkin for sure. Going for a sauna now in hope might help
Old 03-29-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

By not drinking daily, you've proven that you can go without alcohol. You can do this because you already proved it this week. Just dust yourself off, drink a lot of water today, try to eat a good meal, get some rest and wake up tomorrow and do it again.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If your going to sauna make sure to hydrate yourself well and often. Your probably already really dehydrated.
Lots of people fall down at first. As you learn from it and move forward, you'll be ok.
Good Luck
Old 03-29-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this have you got a sober plan
Old 03-29-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

no plan just to not get drunk anymore as I cant feel like I am doing, my head is like a sive and I have nerve brain tingles if that makes sence, I am really scared to go sleep incase I die
Old 03-29-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You ok CJ?
Old 03-29-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by cjwat View Post
...just to not get drunk anymore
That's just a goal. An idea one is holding in one's head until the idea of drinking replaces it. A plan is how you are going to carry out that decision to not get drunk anymore when the going gets tough.

Please give it some careful consideration.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
You ok CJ?
just scared I think some of it is pyscological, I woke up ok today but as day progressed got worse, the nerves in gut have gone but brain tingling like it shrunk and trying to regrow if makes sence, I have been sauna though and drove so surely if that bad I wouldn't be able to do that, does anyone know if I can take kalms? I must add I only had 4 hours sleep and wondering if the disorientation might be based on that ?
Old 03-29-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sounds like withdrawal.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had the same last weekend, but today seems worse yet drank less, any help or ideas what I can do, I have had a sauna and a smoothie just now will have a chicken dinner shortly, had loads of water today and sugar. Will I be better tomorrow ?
Old 03-29-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You'll be fine, sounds like a classic binge hangover!!

I'd really think about a plan moving forward, last week everything went well then went by the wayside with going to dinner, good intentions and will power only got me so far, instead I needed something outside of myself to keep me focused on the goal ahead, whether that's daily support ect.

Rest up and go at things again!!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
You'll be fine, sounds like a classic binge hangover!!

I'd really think about a plan moving forward, last week everything went well then went by the wayside with going to dinner, good intentions and will power only got me so far, instead I needed something outside of myself to keep me focused on the goal ahead, whether that's daily support ect.

Rest up and go at things again!!
I agree as had the same last weekend but today is weird, I play it all in my mind which is silly, I wont sleep with worry of death, but tonight is the worst night , I might go see a doctor as wonder if all my sugar levels are gone and maybe I have brain damage. This site is helpful to chill my mind trouble is I sit at home alone and worry, I was ok at sauna to an extent, hoping food will do me good. the other issue is I had ten cigarettes last night too and don't smoke in the week
Old 03-29-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If you are concerned a doctor visit might be a good idea. But yes, you will be better tomorrow. Dont' drink any alcohol. Prolongs the agony.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
If you are concerned a doctor visit might be a good idea. But yes, you will be better tomorrow. Dont' drink any alcohol. Prolongs the agony.
I wont touch any alcohol at all tonight or tomorrow etc. I cant get to docs for a few days as take sages for an appointment so will struggle tonight ,I really don't know what to do but lots of irrational thoughts going through my pickled brain at present.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Take deep breaths and try to remain calm. Its gonna be ok.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

its he head / brain thing that is worrying me, something just isn't right, why did I drink maybe I am having a guilty thing from lsat night , maybe im making excuses, I will stop boozing like this from last night, it is out of control I will settle I hope in a few days then I can start to go gym etc maybe, today is worst day in history

be interested to hear if nayone else has had these brain tremor feling and if the reside ever or if its permenant brain damage
Old 03-29-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi CJ

sorry you are going through it. We swapped quite a few posts about these symptoms last week didn't we? I won't try to diagnose your problem but I would offer this.

Whenever anxiety / panic are experienced, it is then quite possible (in my experience) to experience just about any other symptom you can think of. We can become hyper-vigilant of our physical and psychological ordeal and just about any horrible symptom you can imagine can ensue.

In my case, as guilt played a growing role in my hangovers, the levels of anxiety soared and just kept rising. I had panic attacks and felt certain that I was going to die many times. I didn't though, I am pleased to report! :-)

My drinking / smoking pattern has been similar to yours- pretty sure the smokes don't help!

I feel confident that you will be fine. Just eat, drink and move your body in moderation and I think it will wear off.

It is not much fun while it is happening though - I know only too well. The good news is that it really is within your power to stop it. 2 weeks ago today I was recovering from my first binge in many weeks. I felt a lot like you do. Being on here has helped and today I have none of those horrible symptoms - but it took a good 7-10 days to really feel well.

Keep trying. Keep going. Be kind to yourself and don't beat yourself up. Just get back on the horse and treat yourself to the prospect of a couple of sober weeks.

It is still very early days for me. I am no authority but your experiences resonate so much with me so I really do wish you well.

CC