A life without secrets

Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
A life without secrets

Just got off the phone with my mother. We were talking for about an hour or so about all sorts of stuff. This and that. Family gossip. Nothing important. Of course I filled her in on some of the juicy little details of my STBXAH's new life as an almost single man. (Fully admitting to her that I make many of those details up. Especially the ones about his new girlfriend.) We had a few good laughs at his expense.

We also talked a bit about my future employment prospects. I told her I was concerned that there weren't a lot of jobs available out there for highly qualified bottle finders like myself, since places like Alanon, and books like Co-Dependent No More advise not to look for bottles. Darn.

She suggested instead that perhaps I should think outside the box, and give seminars to alcoholics on where they could best hide there bottles.

I love mom .

I kept my husbands drinking a secret from her for over 20 years.

I think that was probably the single biggest mistake I ever made. Keeping such a major secret from my main source of support. I'm so glad that's over.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Secrets kill. Glad you've finally let go of them. It's freeing when you become free.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I, too, believe the truth will set you free. My sister and I have finally been open with our aunts about my mom's alcoholism and it feels so good to stop with the façade.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When that chain falls off its like you can fly!! My family was first rate at keeping up appearances. Deep down, it eats away at you. Glad you can laugh!