Notices

Drank again

Old 03-25-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drank again

Hate myself for relapsing, yet I'm still drinking today after blacking out yesterday. Ever since I went through bad withdrawals I panic at hangovers and drink to get through - yet another reason I shouldn't be drinking at all!!
Haven't eaten at all in two days, sooo sick so quickly this time, I've just been in and out of the shower it's the only thing that makes me feel better. Sitting on the floor in the shower drinking, yep I'm real classy. So gross.
Starting to really consider a rehab, just wish they were a bit easier to find info for, there's not many around here.
Thanks for listening
Old 03-25-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Immri))) I'm sorry. Nothing will have a chance of getting better until you put the drink down. The beginning is very tough, but it really does get easier with time.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The first step is the hardest, Immri. You've got a boat-load of support here though. We're with you all the way but you gotta take that first step. Easier said than done I know but it's so worth it.

Hugs & love today & always.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Immri-the earliest days are the hardest, but I know you can do it. Do you have a plan for how to deal with the cravings? Also, have you thought about what triggered yourself to pick up?

Getting a plan with how to deal with the cravings is critical in early sobriety. I literally had to keep myself absolutely distracted at times to get through cravings (going out to movies, going window shopping, working out, etc).
Old 03-25-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Immri sorry to hear you relapsed. Don't beat yourself up too bad. Tomorrow is another day. Getting through the first couple of days after relapsing is the hardest but you can do it.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get back to a sober life soon.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Let it be a relapse and not a return to the drinking life. Do what you can to stay close to SR and whatever sober supports you've had.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sending positive thoughts your way Immri. It can get better for you.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hate myself for relapsing, yet I'm still drinking today after blacking out yesterday. Ever since I went through bad withdrawals I panic at hangovers and drink to get through - yet another reason I shouldn't be drinking at all!!
Haven't eaten at all in two days, sooo sick so quickly this time, I've just been in and out of the shower it's the only thing that makes me feel better. Sitting on the floor in the shower drinking, yep I'm real classy. So gross.
Starting to really consider a rehab, just wish they were a bit easier to find info for, there's not many around here.
Thanks for listening

I could have wrote this.. I dealt with hangovers with hair of the dog drinks. Then I ended up on the shower floor, unable to eat... all that not so fun stuff. It's hard accepting never drinking again but it's easier then nasty problems caused by drinking.

Hydrate, rest, ice cream... When you are feeling better review your plan... You can do this!!!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Really sorry you're going through this. I would highly recommend rehab. It definitely put things into a whole new perspective for me. Wishing you well. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi immri, I respectfully would recommend rehab and please let me tell you why. It sounds like you really really do want to get sober, it doesn't sound like much fun at all. Your health is suffering, and lastly you've tried and tried and are unable to do it successfully on your own. Surrender, throw your butt into a rehab facility and learn the tools they provide. From what I read around here, it has saved many a life.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you so so much everyone for your support and advice, I feel incredibly alone after breaking up with the guy I was seeing for 5 years and my family have absolutely reached their limit with me, so you have no idea how helpful it is to have people here who care
It's only midday here but I've had half a bottle of this baileys knock off stuff, it's gross, I'm not even tipsy just trying to get through the hangover and depression. It's not fun at all anymore, no way, I hate it.
Yesterday my ex called and said some really really horrible things, I just panicked and drank through it. I don't know how to cope with life I guess
As long as I'm here on sr though I don't want to drink, so I might just stick around today if that's cool
Thanks again guys, all the support is so appreciated,
Oh Still looking into rehab too - I'm SO jealous of people on those intervention shows who have it all sorted for them, I'd love that, it sucks researching it all yourself (crybaby I knowww)
Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I would suggest going a regional rehab if you can get in. Not as many triggers.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by immri View Post
I don't know how to cope with life I guess
This is the curse with which we are all afflicted. As addicts, we want quick and easy solutions, but there are none. This is the place we meet. No one has all the answers, but we help each other as best we can.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I never logged off those first few crucial days. This place was literally my life line. Stay here as long as you need. SR is open 24/7/365.

Keep talking. Someone is listening, cares and understands.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Do you have access to any kind of counselling? I found an alcohol and drug counsellor and he was able to recommend programs to me including daytox.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeartsAfire View Post
I never logged off those first few crucial days. This place was literally my life line. Stay here as long as you need. SR is open 24/7/365. Keep talking. Someone is listening, cares and understands.
Thank you, as someone who is terrified of wasting people's time/overstaying my welcome, I so appreciate this
Old 03-25-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyinBC View Post
Do you have access to any kind of counselling? I found an alcohol and drug counsellor and he was able to recommend programs to me including daytox.
I was seeing people from drug and alcohol counselling at the hospital, when I got out. They were kind but not too helpful, then again that was a year ago and maybe I wasn't open to help. I still have their number so might give them a call again, I guess at least they'd have recommendations. Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

The way I learned to cope with life was staying sober immri.
There's really no short cuts.

If you can get into rehab I think thats a great idea.
where do you stand on things like AA or another meeting based recovery group??

sounds like you need more support man?

don't despair - if I can do this, you can too

D
Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with D Immri i didnt think i could get sober but i did and you can do brother

Rootin for ya all the way bud whats in your sober plan