Notices

phentermine and diet pills

Old 03-24-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

phentermine and diet pills

I was addicted to various drugs in my life including alcohol: Heroin, cocain, adderall, and phentermine. Yes, phentermine. the addiction to phentermine was very brutal. I am very surprised not to find more people on forums who were addicted and who had nightmares with this drug. Is it because it is a diet pill and there is the embarrassment that comes with it? or is it that we are not too many who got very addicted to it. I was just wondering if on this forum some of you had an experience and would like to share.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never taken diet pills, but I could see how that could become an addiction.
Glad you came through that DD

D
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a coworker who is taking phentermine. *I* need to lose weight, so looked up the information on it.

It is addictive. Seeing as how I've told my doctor that I'm a recovering addict, there is no way she would prescribe this to me. My cousin is also on the same med.

Part of me really wants to find the "magic med" that will help me to lose weight. Another part of me is very grateful that my doctor is extremely careful of what she will prescribe me.

I've abused several meds, and though I'm in recovery, I still have to be careful.

I will continue to try to cut calories and exercise more. I really don't want something else to be addicted to.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-24-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Phenteramine is very similar to an amphetamine in how it acts, so it does have addictive potential.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ive never taken a diet pill but glad you got through that too
Old 03-25-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

phentermine works well if you use it as the doctor prescribes for you, but forget sleeping. It was a part of the previous phen-phen that was taken off the market.

it is back combined with another drug (Topamax) but in much lower dosages. You can also forget about having normal bathroom habits, it binds you up for DAYS,which kind of stalls the weight loss.

I have taken it in low doses but since sleeping in one of my priorities, it just made me drink to combat the side effects which is empty calories. it would take me 3 days off of it to get 4 hours of sleep. Never again, same thing with Fastin which was a delayed release. I did lose 30 lbs. quickly.

now I only use something that blocks fat that you ingest, it's a liphase inhibitor and helps keep me honest about what I eat (or you are in the bathroom)..no jitters or other side effects...I'm down 9.5 lbs but it's slow and steady. I need more exercise and hope the good weather comes soon.