Notices

Hi everyone. Kind of scared

Old 03-21-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Kind of scared

Hey everyone. Glad I found this site. So I'm quitting for good. Finally ready. IM pretty scared that I've done too much damage too my body. (I worry a lot....and it's not fun) so anyway I had a blood panel done around thanksgiving. Had some low "good cholesterol" and high tryglicerides. My liver enzymes were normal. My blood sugar was 1 point too high but I had just eaten breakfast and they didn't make a big deal out of it. I've cut down heavily but my grandmother died and it totally threw me off my recovery plan. I've lost about 20 pounds since November. Through excersise and healthier eating. But I'm worried I've changed my results for the worse and may have damaged my liver in these last few months(if that's possible.) anxiety is worse right now as you can see. Is there a reason for me to go back for more blood work or am I obsessing? I know you can't give medical advise but I'm more asking for a what is logical awnser since I go overboard with this health stuff which led me to drinking in the first place. Anyway I'm going to the gym and I feel like I'm stuck between 2 lives. Unhappy alcoholic me and healthy happy me. Just hope it's not too late. Thanks for listening to me whine. Ttyl.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Welcome Ninjaturtle! No medical advice here and obviously I don't know what your drinking history is, but the tone of your post would indicate to me that you may be an irrational worrier. A lot of problem drinkers are. When I stopped drinking and lost weight my cholesteral numbers returned to the normal range. It seems like you are "awfulizing" the situation. The body is normally very resilient unless you have abused it very badly for a long time. But keep a positive attitude - you no longer have to drink! Think of all the benefits coming your way!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Ninjaturtle! Welcome to SR!

I think that everyone who quits anything has very high anxiety. Read a bunch of threads here & you'll find out that you're most definitely not alone & you'll also find that so many find sobriety!

Good to have you here w/us!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey thanks for the quick reply. And yes irrational worry describes me very well. I'm heading into the gym and I'll be back on here later. Thanks
Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Ninjaturtle!!
Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your here Ninja......I think you'll find your anxiety lessons with sobriety. Meditation & deep breathing helps a lot.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Ninjaturtle (love the name, by the way!) You've come to a great place for support and advice. I, too, was worried that I made the decision to get sober too late but that just pushed me even more so to stay sober and be as healthy as I reasonably could be.

Of course we can't give medical advice, but you've made the decision to get sober and go to the gym which are two great things! The best advice I can give you is to see your doctor again. It'll put your mind at ease and they can give you the best advice.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome!!

Best decision of your life.

We are here for Ya.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

some good advice here ninjaturtle.

Most of us worry there's some residual time bomb from all those years of abuse...but really most of us find we got off pretty lightly.

See your Dr again and get an updated check up if thats what it takes to set your mind at ease

D
Old 03-21-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome NinjaTurtle
Old 03-21-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You haven't lived until you experience being an alcoholic AND a psychosomatic. Not the greatest of combinations.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle View Post
Hey everyone. Glad I found this site. So I'm quitting for good. Finally ready. IM pretty scared that I've done too much damage too my body. (I worry a lot....and it's not fun) so anyway I had a blood panel done around thanksgiving. Had some low "good cholesterol" and high tryglicerides. My liver enzymes were normal. My blood sugar was 1 point too high but I had just eaten breakfast and they didn't make a big deal out of it. I've cut down heavily but my grandmother died and it totally threw me off my recovery plan. I've lost about 20 pounds since November. Through excersise and healthier eating. But I'm worried I've changed my results for the worse and may have damaged my liver in these last few months(if that's possible.) anxiety is worse right now as you can see. Is there a reason for me to go back for more blood work or am I obsessing? I know you can't give medical advise but I'm more asking for a what is logical awnser since I go overboard with this health stuff which led me to drinking in the first place. Anyway I'm going to the gym and I feel like I'm stuck between 2 lives. Unhappy alcoholic me and healthy happy me. Just hope it's not too late. Thanks for listening to me whine. Ttyl.
And that is why I need to move to Montana. Soon.