Notices

Just had my last drink... Scared to death

Old 03-20-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just had my last drink... Scared to death

ive been trying to come off alcohol for a long long time.... even though im 27. i get what it does to me, my family, id say friends if i had any... and just life in general. its the fear that gets me every single time. i want to make this work.

yet im scared to go back to meetings... im the coming back girl and i was doing well for awhile... 4 months. even if you cant see it... i can almost feel people rolling their eyes at me and pooling on my next relapse. im scared of going back to the program. im scared of dying. i had four months until january 13. ive been messed up and messing up ever since.

im scared to death. i want this to be my last...
Old 03-20-2015, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you can get over your fear of going back. I guarantee if there are eye rollers, for every eye roller there will be 10 folks thrilled to see you back.

Chances are the eye rollers have nothing you want in a recovery anyway

D
Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be brave and go. So many of us had false starts, as our dear Carol D used to say. Believe me, very few get it "right" the first time. The first fewe times even. It's a very tricky disease.

So, go. Be brave and introduce yourself as a new comer so they can give you some literature and get to know you. And you get to know them.

It gets easier.

Love from Lenina
Old 03-20-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Never fear what people might think or say about you. Any real recovery program will take you back with arms wide open.

This is about you now, all about you. Nothing else matters.

Rooting for you!!!!
Old 03-21-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't personally get on with AA and have left it behind me, but not because of the people, who in my experience were kind, understanding and exceedingly helpful. They also know exactly what you and all of us here have gone through and are very understanding about relapsing.

Take it from someone who is over 60 now and on one of his last chances to get sober. My life has been dominated by struggling with booze and while I can't say it has been a waste of a life, I do know it could have been so much better and certainly different if I had tackled it when the problem began - at your sort o age.

If AA helps you go for it! Go back and be confident that the people there will welcome you with open arms.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I only recently went back to AA after about 6 years or so. I didn't think it was for me at 1st. How wrong I was. I was told the importance to keep gong back. I never took this onboard. I went back about 4 weeks ago and was welcomed with open arms. I had put off going back for some time. It was a daunting thought at first, But I realise now as well as SR, AA is my only hope, and it's working for me. As long as I keep going back and posting here. Some folk don't do AA for their own reasons. I found I couldn't do it alone. I'm not trying to preach AA, But it works for me.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you can do it!

regarding AA.... what I found was that for me, it wasn't for me.... but oddly, with each relapse and each DUI and each blackout an each failed attempt to moderate....

somehow it got more and more "for me".

Nowadays, I'm sure glad it's there for me.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I applaud you courage!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this, don't worry about the eye rollers, keep truckin' and do it for you!!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

What D said
Old 03-21-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My experience was that no matter what, I was always welcome in a meeting. Out of respect for the meeting if I was high or what have you, I did not speak but I still listened.

At this point in my life I'm using another recovery method but I am a big believer in whatever works for the person. I don't discount any method to get sober and stay that way.

Keep going back, I can almost guarantee you will be welcomed and if you're not-you're in the wrong meeting.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

alcohol adds to the fear. Detox yourself safely and focus on yourself. who care about any eye rollers. I applaud your courage and effort. You can do it.