Notices

The trigger, the gun, the whole damn SWAT team.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The trigger, the gun, the whole damn SWAT team.

So sorry to all. I am a sports nut. The NCAA basketball tournament has got my attention. But furthermore, I am a former NCAA wrestler and ESPN has decided to air most of it. Bye Bye, I'm gone.

Watching it intently, as I follow it very closely for months on end. Our boys in Minnesota are near the top. I'm cheering the boys on like there no tomorrow. Got my shirt on, and saying a prayer for our Gophers.

Anyway, sorry to disappoint, but this is a biggy, and I enjoy this weekend more than any other weekend in the year. Even the superbowl. I've put in my 4 years with a redshirt year banging my head against the wall. So I love watching our NCAA wrestling tournament in all its glory. I'm so sorry to everyone. I will still stay tuned to this site.

Lastly, I started working this week, and I am going to HAVE TO get away from this site for awhile. I need to get things rolling. Look forward to hearing from you. Jeff
Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jeff, I don't want to rain on the excitement of the NCAA but would you reconsider??????? Pour out the alcohol?????

Have fun sober - it is possible!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry soberleigh, aint gonna happen this weekend. Yeah, I'm a loser. I'm used to it.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not a loser, Jeff. You are one of us.

I hope you reconsider but whatever you do, please don't get lost - come back.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 03-19-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jeff, sport does not equal drinking, who are you trying to kid??

You're talking to a huge sports fan right here, NBA, MLS, MLB, NFL, Superbowl, GAA, cricket, rugby, soccer, snooker, pool . . . and anything else that is on, if it's a sport I'll watch it!!

You are using sport as an excuse because you want to drink, you are deciding to drink, but you could also make the decision to not drink, don't listen to the lies that you must drink, this is not an inevitable decision, YOU are making the decision!!

Life, even with sport can be lead without alcohol!! But you have to WANT it and stop making excuses to drink!!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Soberleigh, I won't foget what you have said. And I thank you. Let's talk later, this is bad. This site and yourself have meant so much to me. Let's just leave it at that for at least the next 2 hours. Is that stupid? Soberleigh, I have followed your posts for weeks, maybe months, you are the best. Jeff
Old 03-19-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Soberleigh, I won't foget what you have said. And I thank you. Let's talk later, this is bad. This site and yourself have meant so much to me. Let's just leave it at that for at least the next 2 hours. Is that stupid? Soberleigh, I have followed your posts for weeks, maybe months, you are the best. Jeff
Deal; we'll talk later. (And thank you for what you said; wow - that means so much).
Old 03-19-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Jeff, you're not a loser. I'm a huge sports nut too and it took me a while to feel comfortable not drinking while watching sporting events on TV. I played football in college and when fall comes around I get that "feeling" that I want to drink. It took me a long time to get over it, but I've learned to watch sports without the beer in my hand.

If you wrestled in college I think you've got the work ethic that it takes to get sober. It may take some time, but the rewards in the end will be awesome. Oh yeah, good to hear you got a new job and stop in from time to time to let us know how you're doing.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your AV is running riot your playing with fire and i think you could at least reconsider

why did you get sober my friend try to remember as i can hear is an excuse to drink

pls reconsider what your actually saying Thomas
Old 03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Jeff, it's a trick. The AV tells you that you are missing out. That is what it does when you decide to cut the booze loose. It will say anything to get you back in the cycle.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I saw something like this coming from your other two threads today.
I hope ya change yer mind, but if not hope you don't hurt anyone.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
quat

drink or don't drink, it's your choice, you're an adult.
If you want to quit drinking for good, though, you'd do well to rethink your concept of "trigger" , it's not helpful to think of it as a get out of jail free card, not my fault ,what can I do?, look a trigger. They are going to hold that tournie next year too. Drink if you want, but you can't apologize for it and fluff off the responsibility of choice by calling "trigger".
Wish you well

Ps the apologizing and responsibility are to yourself, not the readers here
Old 03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please be careful Jeff. We can still enjoy things without it. Yes, it's different - but still fun and exciting - minus the hangover, remorse, and misery.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You don't sound all that concerned about drinking, like it's no big deal. Not trying to judge you. Just don't understand that kind of thinking. I just hope everything works out for you. Take care of yourself. John
Old 03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeff, I'm sorry you've made this choice.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
EndGame

You may not be a loser, but you've made a losing decision.

It takes a lot more than being a good guy to get sober.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by twal View Post
Jeff, you're not a loser. I'm a huge sports nut too and it took me a while to feel comfortable not drinking while watching sporting events on TV. I played football in college and when fall comes around I get that "feeling" that I want to drink. It took me a long time to get over it, but I've learned to watch sports without the beer in my hand.

If you wrestled in college I think you've got the work ethic that it takes to get sober. It may take some time, but the rewards in the end will be awesome. Oh yeah, good to hear you got a new job and stop in from time to time to let us know how you're doing.
Hey boss, I'm fine. Just reliving some memories.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Deal; we'll talk later. (And thank you for what you said; wow - that means so much).
Yes, we'll talk later. I'm fine.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
I saw something like this coming from your other two threads today.
I hope ya change yer mind, but if not hope you don't hurt anyone.
tomsteve, I won't hurt anyone but myself, and that will be in the form of a slight hangover. I'm cool. Honest. If I thought I was off the rails for days to come, I would admit it. I don't like being a liar. I've done it. its horrible.