Another post

Old 03-17-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another post

Ive been posting recently about my possible alcholic friend. My mission in this situation was to understand not fix him.

Anyhow, today it's official. We are no longer in contact with one another. He has made it clear that he cut me off. I'm literally anger yet at the same time heartbroken.

The issue was that I wanted to simply have a phone conversation. He's been dodging talking to me on the phone for the past three weeks. Why? He says I'm dramatic and intense. I explain I'm that way towards him because he messes with me emotionally and mentally. Drinking all the time causing fights with me. Head games. Playing with my emotions. Btw, it was a friendship with an interest with one another. Yet, we kept it as friends.

In the meantime, here I am an idiot posting on this site trying to understand him - hoping to clarifynhis actions with me on why he's ignoring me. Maybe it's his depression? Or His alcoholism? Geez. It turns out it's all of the above. A selfish mentally ill drunk who is in denial. His excuse for not talking to me tonight was.... My head hurts from all the beer. His excuse last night was, my foot hurts. His excuse the night before was I'm having a rough day. Tonight I expressed to him in text that the way he treats me is horrible causing me mental and emotional abuse. I called him a name and he pretty much washed his hands with me.

Anyways... He took me off facebook and I'm sure blocked my number. What an ass. I'm seriously pissed. Go ahead ya'lll you can say ... I told you so.

Just venting - in a major anger mode.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Roxxxy your interest in him is probably threatening his drinking. You may not have even mentioned it, but the prospect of getting close with someone is a threat.

Personally, I wouldn't go near someone who abused me, even if they were drunk at the time.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great - I tryining to understand what you mean.... Your saying that because I was trying to get close to him he felt it as a threat. As in, taking him away from his drinking? If this so, then why would he mention having a possible beautiful life with me in the past.... Love, marriage and kids?
Old 03-18-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Roxxxy, forget trying to understand this guy with any type of logic. He wants to drink and will twist and turn every which way to do it. Even talking to you is time away from the bottle. You deserve someone far better.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He is showing you who he is--an abusive person with a drinking problem.

The chances of a happy future with someone like that are pretty low.
I suggest you block his number and start doing things to attract a healthy, loving person into your life.

You deserve it
Old 03-18-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's called a manipulative hook.

Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
Great - I tryining to understand what you mean.... Your saying that because I was trying to get close to him he felt it as a threat. As in, taking him away from his drinking? If this so, then why would he mention having a possible beautiful life with me in the past.... Love, marriage and kids?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

They don't like to talk about anything real. They want to continue with their lies and manipulations to keep you hooked. But they are unwilling to look at themselves or change anything. They want everything their way and do not care about your feelings in the slightest.

Please don't take his actions personally, he is a selfish,self centered active alcoholic.

Ive been posting recently about my possible alcholic friend. My mission in this situation was to understand not fix him.

Anyhow, today it's official. We are no longer in contact with one another. He has made it clear that he cut me off. I'm literally anger yet at the same time heartbroken.

The issue was that I wanted to simply have a phone conversation. He's been dodging talking to me on the phone for the past three weeks. Why? He says I'm dramatic and intense. I explain I'm that way towards him because he messes with me emotionally and mentally. Drinking all the time causing fights with me. Head games. Playing with my emotions. Btw, it was a friendship with an interest with one another. Yet, we kept it as friends.

In the meantime, here I am an idiot posting on this site trying to understand him - hoping to clarifynhis actions with me on why he's ignoring me. Maybe it's his depression? Or His alcoholism? Geez. It turns out it's all of the above. A selfish mentally ill drunk who is in denial. His excuse for not talking to me tonight was.... My head hurts from all the beer. His excuse last night was, my foot hurts. His excuse the night before was I'm having a rough day. Tonight I expressed to him in text that the way he treats me is horrible causing me mental and emotional abuse. I called him a name and he pretty much washed his hands with me.

Anyways... He took me off facebook and I'm sure blocked my number. What an ass. I'm seriously pissed. Go ahead ya'lll you can say ... I told you so.

Just venting - in a major anger mode.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First off, you can't possibly understand him and even if you did it wouldn't make any difference. If you're having a tough time letting go -- and it sounds like you are -- I suggest Alanon, where your own healing can start. It saved my sanity and was instrumental in moving on to a better place. Life is too short to let an alcoholic live rent-free in your head.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Roxxxy...do a google search for "Madea--let folks go". She gives the best advice I have ever heard on situations of this type...

dandylion
Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

A's are full of plans to quit drinking, get their lives in order. Maybe have someone come along and save them.

When it comes the crunch it's very hard to stop drinking. When you've confronted him about his behaviour he's found sobriety too hard. I'm sure he knows he's not treating you right but he isn't ready to quit, and doesn't want to talk about it.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Roxxxy....chances are, he was drunk when he made these far-reaching statements. Even if he was "sober"...the brain still does alcoholic thinking.
Drunk guys talk a lot of smack.

You can't believe anything a drunk promises.

dandylion
Old 03-18-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

As in, taking him away from his drinking? If this so, then why would he mention having a possible beautiful life with me in the past.... Love, marriage and kids?
Yep, he could've felt his addiction was threatened by a relationship, sure.

Wondering WHY he says the things he says is a serious waste of your time. Even HE probably doesn't know why he said/what he meant.... he may not even remember saying them, ya know?

It sounds to me like you are holding onto expectations without even realizing it. (I did for a long time.) These are the things I'd be asking myself: why did *I* pursue this when I seem so aware of all the red-flag behavior? Why persist when he's not even answering my calls? Why keep pushing when I keep getting insults, blame-shifting, denial, head games? He's not expressing a desire to change in any way but I seem to expect a change in his behavior somehow? Why? Based on what?

((((hugs)))) I'm sorry you are hurting.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

With the door closed on alcoholic number 2, I hope you work on the reasons you get into these kinds of relationships so you can avoid alcoholic number 3 in the future.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Vent Away! I am sorry you were hurt. XXX
Old 03-18-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Roxxxy - I remember I had a similar friendship/relationship with a man right before I met my husband. He was such a great friend, we had such great comradery, lots of fun nights out, some close talks, etc. People always thought we were together but nothing physical ever happened. He drank too much and I think he had a borderline depression. He wasn't where he wanted to be financially or professionally and he drank to escape that. He'd talk about life and marriage and yada yada and I started to think maybe he was talking about me too. One day I sat him down to talk about it, and it pretty much went the way your conversation did. We didn't have Facebook back then, but effectively our friendship was cut off. I still wonder how he's doing occasionally, but I know now that that would not have been a healthy relationship for me for the long term. And I hope that you realize that you too deserve better - someone you can talk with who won't run away and cut you off, someone would be open to discussion of healthy habits, etc. You won't cure him, that's for certain, so now you can use that energy to focus on yourself. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your comments, they mean a lot and have given me comfort. I know his behavior has nothing to do with me. Yet, I can't help but to take it a little personal.

However, overall I'm doing good. Im actually taking it pretty well. To tell you the truth it's kind of a relief not talking to him, our conversations were never nice. The emotional and mental abuse he put me through was un-real and just not fair. Although I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm not sitting around depressed. Instead, I'm focusing on myself and moving on with life. I guess you can say he did he a favor by cutting me off haha