Notices

43 days. still struggling

Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

43 days. still struggling

I haven't updated in a while, thought I'd make a quick post. 43 days is great and I'm really happy about that, but I'm still struggling. A LOT. It feels like I'm forever stuck in the first week of withdrawals. I know it's not instant, but I can't help but be jealous of those reporting feeling great after just a few short days or weeks of recovery when simple, everyday things like walking to my kitchen for food or showering almost cause me to pass out half the time. Yes, I've been to the Dr and yes I'm getting it checked out, but its frustrating. I believe I'm also experiencing a variety of harsh paw symptoms which are only adding to the mess that is my life. It makes me want to drink because I want that normalness..I want that comfort even if its short lived. I almost drank over it today. Not sure how I avoided that one. But I'm trying. I am. And I will continue to try. I'm just getting no where.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel like a broken record. I think I'll only post again if I have good news to report.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having such a hard time. Stay with it, you will get better. Drinking again will only make you worse in every way. Congratulations on 43 days!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

43 days is really great, drinkingdinos.

While I definitely saw some benefits in early sobriety, I certainly wasn't feeling truly well by 43 days. I had significant lethargy and persistent all-day foggy-brain.

Six months was a real turning point for me; I know that sounds like a long time but in the total scheme of sobriety, the results are well worth the 'wait'.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there DD! You can do this! I've been drinking green tea every morning, taking a B-Complex vitamin, drinking at least 64 oz of water each day, napping and getting some exercise and it helps. I also attend AA meetings for moral support. It's nice to be around people who completely understand and don't judge. Have you tried any of those things? Maybe they will help. Glad you are going to the doctor to get checked out. Keep us posted. :-)

P.S. I forgot I started making veggie smoothies too. Haha. They actually have a recipe for one called the "liver scrubber"! Haha. It's a liver detox. ;-)
Old 03-14-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It takes time drinkingdinos. Keep on remembering that each of our recovery journeys is different. While I have wished I was one of those that felt awesome after several days or weeks, it didn't happen that way for me either.

You are getting somewhere though..... you're 43 days sober, which is an amazing accomplishment. Congrats and keep hanging in there!
Old 03-14-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I had a hard time too, I could not understand how some people felt so much better so fast. My anxiety was so bad and I would get dizzy and delirious usually in the early evening. It has gotten better though I am at 9 weeks. Keep giving it time if you drink it will just make recovery that much further away and your getting closer all the time now.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

43 days is awesome! A big congratulations to you!
I agree that this journey is different for everyone, but I think we can all benefit from healthy eating, vitamins, and exercise. I'd try to have a green juice every morning, if possible, and a light walk. I know that at 43 days, my energy was on nil, but there were days when friends would go on a walk with me and that always made me feel better afterwards. Just be sure to be kind and patient with yourself because you are doing a great job!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please keep posting and sharing DD. It's important to hear of your journey and experiences.. It helps us too.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Don't stop posting, you have to keep pushing trough for things to eventually get better.

And they will, have faith. Early recovery is rough, lean on us for support
Old 03-15-2015, 02:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey mate - Don't feel bad about those saying they felt great after a few days. I was one of those and the past week I've been feeling pretty crappy.

And post on here when you feel bad. It helps imo.