Notices

Hello everyone

Old 03-14-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hello everyone

I am new to this and have never posted before on this site. I'm currently 5 days sober from opiates and am looking for some support from others who have been in my shoes before. It's very difficult so early in my recovery to not feel lost and depressed everyday. I've been addicted to opiates for about a year now and have tried numerous times to get clean. I'm trying again. I would greatly appericate any feedback, advice or kind words in this interesting time in my life. Thank you to anyone reading this.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, I don't know much about opiates but I'm sure will come along with some insight.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've done a lot of substances in my life. 5 days off of them is a great start. My only advice is keep posting.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Moriginal
Old 03-14-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for replying its nice to hear from anyone who has friendly advice
Old 03-14-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR. Good to have you with us. My drug of choice was alcohol but I did mix that with Valium at one point.

There will be lots of support here. Have a look round the various forums and I'm sure you will find someone who will share your experience with opiates.

5 days is a great start. Keep going. Depression is very common during the early days. Have you spoken to your doctor at all?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Mroriginal. Welcome to SR.

I don't have any substance experience but want to congratulate you on five sober days; well done.

This is a very supportive community; glad you found us.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! And yes I've spoken with a doctor. I'm currently in therapy (which is going well) but im just terrified ill just relapse again. Im only 19 years old. My drug use started early in high school and took off to the point where i couldn't even attend college anymore. I mean im happy I've got 5 days but i can't help but feel like i haven't accomplished much. I know i need to stay clean though. I've relapsed too many times. It's going to take everything if i don't stop now.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Mroriginal123!

I know all too well about the world of opiates ( methadone, norcs for over 10yrs. & when I lost my doc, heroine for about 4 1/2mos., also klonopins...clean from all these since Aug. 2014 anddd...am now on day 17 off suboxine. I'm actually still in withdrawals from the subs., but I stopped cold turkey & didn't wean...soooo...)

Welcome!

I think one of the most important things to do is come back here every moment you can ( even if you don't feel like posting...then just read. )

I have no medical advice, of course, but otc liquid immodium helps for diarrhea, Highlands Restful legs for rls & seeking encouragement here for the mental!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are the same age as my daughter. She is in her first year of university and the youngest one in her psychology classes.

The great news for you is that you have your whole life ahead of you. You won't be like me and reach your mid 40s before realising that you've wasted many years. You've woken up to it early, got your Doctor on board and really want to change. I know you're scared of relapsing and in a way that's a positive. You are self-aware and willing.

Hang out with us. There's strength in numbers here x
Old 03-14-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family and congrats on five days clean! Come here and post any time you feel like using. We'll talk you off the ledge.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh, I just thought of a few other things.....
Long hot baths w/Epson salts ( I order mine from the sanfransisco bathroom salt co., but you can buy them anywhere. )

They say exercising makes withdrawals go by faster.

And, I find sitting outside on nice, sunny days seems to help me too ( anything to get your mind off how awful you feel for now. You can concentrate on the rest after your w/drawals are gone! )

Also...drawing, or any hobby that takes a lot of concentration.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome to SR Mroriginal,

You've already accomplished a lot! Just keep the momentum going. Keep coming here for help and support and fellowship. Maybe try an AA or NA meeting when you can and just go and listen at first. Everyone is nervous the first time they attend. You'll get over that. Just don't pick up and take it one day at a time! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mroriginal!!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats to all of you for maintaining your sobriety. I wanted to say that before i posted any more. I really appreciate all of the helpful hints, welcoming comments and positive feedback. Day 6 for me. And im feeling alright. The depression and boredom is still there, but not nearly as bad as it was before. It's been a quiet day today but not a bad one. Im slowly starting to enjoy the small things again i just hope i can keep it up. But all your support has made me feel better. Hope everyone else is having a good day. I apologize for not thanking and congratulating you all individually but i felt you would understand. Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Mroriginal - it's great to have you with us. 6 days is wonderful.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome. I too am an opiate addict.

I find that the depression lifts, but if it doesn't, please see a professional. This last go round I did and I have found what works for me.

I am glad you are here.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Mroriginal321
Glad you have found us

I also recommend you check out our Substance Abuse forum - you'll find support and encouragement there too

D
Old 03-17-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was feeling motivated a few days ago. Im on day 8 and the carvings are bad im feeling alone and empty. I want to use. But i know i can't. I don't know who to talk to.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I find it is helpful to just focus on one other thing. Maybe painting or just writing down random thoughts. Reading a good book is another way to keep your mind in a different mode. 8 days is awesome. Your'e not alone and definitley not empty, just in the midst of bad day.