does this happen to you?

Old 08-17-2004, 05:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

does this happen to you?

I run into this feeling again or rather chose to feel and act different when the situation occurred and that got me into wondering does this have something to do with growing up with alcoholics?

To the point I made a mistake, something that was due to me doing something and it resulted in something bad happening. In this case I signed a lease for an apartment only to find out later that it is in no living condition at the moment but were when I saw it. Anyways the old me would have immidiately felt sorry for herself and think this could only happen to me and I was being punished for something.Why me etc... Is that the old way of thinking? Do you guys think that way?

Anyways now I just admitted that I screw up and now it's up to me to see what can be done about the situation to improve it. It makes me happy to realize that I have grown
Old 08-17-2004, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Changing the way you think about things, changes the way you react to things.
Glad you're seeing growth and change Chess.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You HAVE grown! "Why me" accomplishes nothing....accepting what has happened and taking responsibilty is large!

JT
Old 09-03-2004, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to feel like that all the time. If I had a good day, the day would usually end with my dad getting drunk... and so I thought it was a punishment for enjoying my day. I've long since realised it wasnt my fault... with the help of a wonderful partner.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kit

It's easy to be the victim. It isn't easy to do what you have accomplished! Congratulations!!!
Love, Kit
Old 09-04-2004, 01:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
member of a Kick @$$ Comunity

Lightbulb

I use to have a big issue with "why me". I constantly thought things like, "what did I do wrong to get this?" "What kind of reasoning would there be behind all of this." What I believe is that there is a reason behind everything, but it doesn't always have to do with us - even if we get the blow. It happens for a reason, for the great plan of nature / of God. These "why" questions won't always bring answers for us. It isn't that we should stop asking. There is no such thing as a stupid question. But I believe the solution resides in the way of Nature. It just is the way it is, and we must trust our universe and let go.
-Jak