Treasure It All

Old 03-13-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Treasure It All

Treasure it all

Without the difficult times, you could not fully appreciate the good times. Without the good times, the difficult times would be infinitely more difficult.

Life changes, and that’s what makes it life. Life changes, and in the changes live every possibility.

Do not boast too loudly about your good fortune or despair too long about the disappointments. Things will change, and with that change will come new opportunities and new challenges.

Instead of fighting and judging, worrying and fretting, make the choice to marvel at the richness of it all. Enjoy, learn from, and be inspired by what’s here while it’s here, then be ready to move quickly forward as life continues its ceaseless transformation.

Care deeply and profoundly, but don’t let yourself take things too seriously. Walk that fine, marvelous line between unshakable responsibility and joyous serendipity.

In the ups, in the downs, in the detours and straightaways, there is much to treasure. So breathe in the richness, and treasure it all.

— Ralph Marston
Old 03-13-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Life changes, and that’s what makes it life. Life changes, and in the changes live every possibility.
Life is ever changing, sometimes when we don't want it to change and other times not quickly enough when we await better things. But it changes and will change again, it's not our path to see beyond today.

With each change comes special blessings, some of them "strangely wrapped gifts" that we wouldn't have known had our lives not changed.

As most of you know, my husband and I are both battling cancer...we are winning the battle so far and doing quite well on the journey. Did we expect to have cancer, did we expect to both have it at the same time? Heck no, not in our wildest dreams. But life changes brought us this far and life changes will see us through this to better days ahead.

I cannot count the "strangely wrapped gifts" that have been included in all this, and more will be seen in hindsight when we are further on in the journey. I have made peace with my resentments, I have found joy in caring for each other in times of special needs, I have embraced the beauty of each day even more so than before.

When I look back at my life, each change brought something new, sometimes a completely new path. Each time I was worried and reluctant to move forward but each time I counted on faith, even blind faith to see me forward...and without exception, each change brought something better than what I had before.

Treasure life, treasure the changes, each one will bring you new experiences that you would never have encountered without the changes.

Hug
Old 03-13-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"When I look back at my life, each change brought something new, sometimes a completely new path. Each time I was worried and reluctant to move forward but each time I counted on faith, even blind faith to see me forward...and without exception, each change brought something better than what I had before."

Dearest Ann. You are such an inspiration and one of those gifts that have lifted my spirits time and time again. I didn't know that you and Mr. Ann both were dealing with Cancer. I am sending hugs and prayers for your continued strength and health. I cannot tell you how much your wisdom and support has lifted me since joining SR.
Today is JJ's 25th birthday and he is in blackout at Salvation Army. Your post is going into a letter to him today, it is such a beautiful message. God Bless you!
TT
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second Ilovemysonjj's sentiments... Ann you are a treasure and a light for others to hold in the darkness. You have helped me more times than I can say.

Thank you, for helping me to deal with those things that felt so heavy today. Attitude is everything, I am learning.

love and hugs and prayers always,
chicory
Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know who Ralph Marston is, but he's a good egg. Thanks for posting, Ann!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

TT, thank you for your kind words and I will keep JJ in my prayers, as always. Please wish him a Happy Birthday from an old lady in Canada who keeps him in my daily prayers.

There is a light that shines here at SR, that shines for all of us. It was shining for me when I stumbled in as the walking wounded in 2002 and it continues to shine for each one of us every day.

Chic, attitude IS everything. If I can't change my circumstance, I can adjust my attitude.

AliWProk, Ralph Marsden is an inspirational speaker, author and writes daily readings that I read each day as part of my recovery morning meditation.

Hug to all of you.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann fantastic post

((slow clap))