Notices

Early stages emotions

Old 03-13-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Early stages emotions

so what is the early stage of sobriety. I'm a few days passed a month. The lonest i've been in years. I feel balanced. I sleep well I eat well exercise and I meditate it makes me feel at peace. I read a lot of people's post and they state that they have a lot of emotional swings. the only emotional swings I get is probably anger. but now I feel at ease. I just got out of a relationship with my girlfriend and I should feel that I should be stressed out but I'm not. when I read these posts that some people were super emotional for months. it scares me it makes me feel that my moment of peace it's just the calm before the storm. Its like none of this emotion are my real ones. how long did it take for you to feel like you're kind of normal?
Old 03-13-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

They can hit later or not at all, but be aware they can. I also think the exercise, meditation and eating well do wonders at maintaining stable emotions.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Quiet. Congratulations on your achievement! I'm still early days. I too have been alarmed by others reports of emotional turmoil. My main difficulty has been physical: sleep disturbance, fatigue, and no motivation. Some changes in thinking also.

Sounds like you have utilised very healthy coping mechanisms.

Best wishes,

B
Old 03-13-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Hi Quiet. Congratulations on your achievement! I'm still early days. I too have been alarmed by others reports of emotional turmoil. My main difficulty has been physical: sleep disturbance, fatigue, and no motivation. Some changes in thinking also.

Sounds like you have utilised very healthy coping mechanisms.

Best wishes,

B
Thanks bud. Maybe you should try some meditation yourself. Shut your brain up for a few minutes. For some reason for me 5 mins of brain silence made the next day better. Today might suck but tomorrow will be better. So I actively pursue this. Also try YouTube search hypnosis for alcohol. Every week I listen to different hypnosis. Whether its for confidence anxiety or whatever. And beauty of it you could even listen to it while you're sleeping. So its not hard. It could be a placebo. But if a placebo makes me wake up not wanting to drink and self improve so then its great in my book.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you tried meditating ?

I started to really be ok around month 3-5 it keeps on getting better hang in there bud

Early recovery is often compared to a rollercoaster ride my friend

Breathing exercises help aswell