Notices

Best Supplements/Vitamins During and After Detox?

Old 03-13-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Best Supplements/Vitamins During and After Detox?

I know how important Zinc is for your body during detox, but does anyone have more information or first-hand knowledge? Thanks!
Old 03-13-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pouncer View Post
I know how important Zinc is for your body during detox, but does anyone have more information or first-hand knowledge? Thanks!
Hello Pouncer,

Take Vitamin B to help gain equilibrium.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water. I get night sweats real bad. Sometimes what I think is a need for a booze is really a need for water.
A multi vitamin can't hurt either.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took b1, E, b12, folate, zinc, c, and a b complex a month prior and after quitting. I now take b12 daily and everything else once a week. Am sure it saved much of my brain. All water solubles are ok at max doses--fats like b6, A--not so much. Research vits and mins. depleted by alcohol and the metabolism (or lack) of said nutrients--info is good--alcohol NOT.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I take a multi-vitamin, a B complex, and Niacin.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A good multi vitamin and lots of water should be sufficient.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I took thiamine and a multi every day the first six weeks.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for responding! I started reading about vitamin and nutrient deficiencies and it really scared me. I made my first meal for myself in months and months. I make food for the kids, but I hardly ate. I have a lot of nutrition to catch up on.

I poached an egg, got some wheat toast, tomatoes, garlic and olive oil. It was almost like I didn't even know what to do with food. I picked up a lot of up supplements, so I just wanted to thank you all for your responses.

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been taking St. John's Wort on and off for the past year. When I take it regularly, I notice a gradual improvement in my mood - more positivity and less negative self talk. It's helped with the mild depression that I've experienced, and made it a little easier to come into sobriety. When I've stopped taking it, I have tended to fade back into a pattern of self medicating with alcohol.

I recently found a sublingual (liquid) B-comlex vitamin in my house that I've been taking the past few days. It seems to have noticeably improved my energy. Of course, not being hungover helps, but I think I got an energy boost from the B complex.

In the evenings, I've been taking valerian root capsules to reduce my insomnia, restlessness, and anxiety at night. It makes me a little drowsy, not to the point of narcolepsy, but to the point where if I close my eyes, it feels like I could actually sleep. And the sleep has been good. I've wanted to try valerian root for a while, and its mild but good for what I want it for: to bring my sleep cycle closer to something resembling regularity.

Anyone else have experience with supplements and vitamins during recovery?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I started taking a multi-vitamin and B complex from the day I quit. My first 7 days were not bad - I forgot to take them yesterday (unexpected call to pick up son from dad, plus son being violently ill) and today I can barely stay awake. I put it down to my son actively vomiting till midnight and mom paranoia stopping me sleeping - however an hour after taking my multi-vit and B complex I am no longer fatigued - may be a placebo effect, but I recommend it!