Monthly Text from XAH

Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monthly Text from XAH

I got my monthly text from XAH:

Asking why I never call or text him anymore. Asking about the dog. Asking about my mom and dad, asking about my new job. Plus telling me He misses talking to me and then, telling me to take care.

So its almost been a month, he texted on valentines day. So i responded - that I missed talking to him also, but I can't be friends with him. He hurt me to the core and that he can't be a part of my life and hurt me again. I told him some day when he wants to grow up, sober up and work a program, that I might open my heart for something more. I also said that I would be there to help him and support him when he was ready.

He responds "I'm not a drunk. Be well"

I told him I didnt call him a drunk. He has made bad choices regarding his drinking and hurt me. I am tired of being hurt by some one who "loves me". But I will always be there for him when he needs me.

He tells me I am contradicting myself and to say hi to the dog..... and to be well

I was stressed out all day because of this contact with him. It's amazing how he reaches out to me and I MELT... I dislike the control he has over me, but I stood my ground. I love that he is thinking about me, but so bummed that he is so far from hitting rock bottom.

Now he knows that I don't want anything to do with him. Will see if I get my APRIL text.

It just hurts as I so want to "FIX" him. Give him to GOD!! I think I did pretty good for myself today!! (but it still sucks!!!!!)
Old 03-12-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry you're struggling with this.... but you did good today :-)
Old 03-12-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's amazing how he reaches out to me and I MELT... I dislike the control he has over me, but I stood my ground. I love that he is thinking about me, but so bummed that he is so far from hitting rock bottom. (but it still sucks!!!!!)
I have the same problem. Talking to him, texting, daydreaming- it all derails me from the reality I am dealing with. What I am working towards. Grrrr. I feel ya!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi maia... You did good
I so know that feeling.. The "melting". Feeling so strong and then... Just melting.
Ugh... Why do they do that to us?
You are strong! Keep doing what you're doing.
Hugs
Old 03-13-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

The melting part is still being in love with them. But we can all love from a distance, which is what I have to do today. Sucks, but our reality.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

maja....you really did do good. Many people go running right back into the burning house when faced with this kind of "pull".

It sounds to me like you are pretty well grounded in knowing what is best for your own welfare.

dandylion
Old 03-13-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dandy, I was a mess all day yesterday. His contact with me shakes me to the bone, which I hate. I so want to love him and support him, but I know what is best for me and him. again, it stinks!!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

If the contact upsets you, it's OK to stop it.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"I dislike the control he has over me, but I stood my ground. I love that he is thinking about me, but so bummed that he is so far from hitting rock bottom. "

He really does not have control over you. He only presents you with temptations.

My mate hit bottom long ago and is still digging.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes Eauchiche, he is a temptation, just like the bad apple with Adam and Eve!! You keep getting tempted and eventually you give in and bite!!

Thats why I post when I get tempted, to have all of you tell me not to touch it!!

Love you guys!!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

He is just trying to manipulate you and pull you back in....good job standing your ground.

Stay strong!!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You should have no contact, it's only prolonging the hurt. I'm sorry.
XXX
Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Loving a more peaceful life

I haven't read all your old posts so I'm curious about something. Why do you get a monthly text from your ex? Was it part of the actual divorce agreement or was it an arrangement dreamed up on Planet Alcohol?

(posted with tongue firmly wedged in cheek.)
Old 03-13-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was stressed out all day because of this contact with him.
Ok, so maybe cut off contact with him entirely?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds like you need to block him.

At least for a few months.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good job!! These kinds of contact are difficult for me because I end up second guessing myself and rethinking my choice. It creates doubt in me. No contact is probably best here, but I understand that is easier said than done... Especially for us codies.

Hugs
Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Tentindependent- for some reason that's what he seems to do. he text me new years eve, then valentine's day and now march. I think he is dying for me to give in and go back to hxll.

Yes it is planet alcohol. Sad but my life with xah.