Notices

Overwelmed & Tired today

Old 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Overwelmed & Tired today

Hello everyone, I needed to post how tired I am today. Last night I stayed up until 330am finishing my daughters school project. She had to make a Fort Mandan with craft sticks and paint it. I still peeling glue off my fingers.

I know if I was still drinking I wouldn't even be able to help her with school projects. I think the teacher should let her have a 3 weeks doing this projects. I don't remember having so much homework like this in 8th grade. She also had Math, Spanish and Social Science homework too. I understand that the teachers are teaching her to be prepared for the world out there when she does get a job that she has deadlines and stuff. but geez, she needs a break some time.

Anyways, I am overwhelmed I still washing clothes, getting my house back together.. (messing) Writing a list of things need to get done isn't working for me today. I had 3 cups coffee already and no motivation.

Is there a time in my life is going to slow down, this weekend we have a cheer competition, taking my daughter to cheer practice, she has tumbling tomorrow and need to get her shots for her allergies... Just keeps going and going and going.

Thanks guys for letting me just vent.. I am not going to relapse today.
If you have any advises on how to control my overwhelming with all this stuff I have to do, I would love to hear about it.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What are you doing for YOU today?
Old 03-11-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

right now I am relaxing and talking on here.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes, make sure you get some jen time in.
it's important to make sure you aren't feeling overwhelmed.
If there's something that absolutely does NOT need to get done today, don't.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jen, try and get some Jen time today - even if it is 30 minutes for a long, soothing soak.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jen its exellent your here relaxing talking about it

Really special thing you did for your daughter sorry about the glue on your fingers

To answer your question i say yes there will come a time when you feel a lot more secure in your sobriety
having a sober plan really helps with these day to day things it can get overwhelming and your doing the right thing reaching out

but to be honest i think your doing great keep up the good work
Old 03-11-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Jen. Ditch the laundry for the day and anything else that can be put off until tomorrow. Can you lay down for a minute? Not even a nap but a fifteen minutes of deep relaxing breathing.

If there is a lot of homework always, how is your daughter budgeting her time? I know she's got cheer (and hope competition went well) Maybe some proactive help on time management? My first grader gets an enormous packet of homework to do on Thursdays, to be completed and returned the following Thursday. We work on it a little bit each day so no last minute, overwhelming rush.

Its hard to let a kid's project go. I've been there myself, late night last minute. Moms just have that gene. But have you daughter be responsible for it. It was hard for me to keep my hands off but it helps. Hang in there!
Old 03-11-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jen, you are going great!!
Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awww, Jen. Sorry you're feeling so harried. Just remember you can only do so much. Try not to stress out about it.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Jen,
You know the AA saying - one day at a time. When you are overwhelmed with tasks, make a list of things you need to do and then prioritize them. Then do "One thing at a time" starting with the most important tasks. Also take big tasks and break them down into smaller tasks. Take care and enjoy life.