Notices

back to feeling foggy and fatigued

Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back to feeling foggy and fatigued

been a few days now too but this time able to forcing myself of bed. still not enjoying this feeling of out of body, lethargic, heavy, oh well, that too shall pass, only five months clean wanted (or needed to empty the bag) sorry
Old 03-08-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same here at 3 1\2 months! Oooof..They tell me it gets better! I am hoping so.....

Hang in there and keep pressing forward..I know I am...

Keep it rollin!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

When the climb gets tough just imagine how the view from the top will look! I remember lots of days feeling bla and fogging. Emotions creates emotion though. So I would play tennis or go for a long refreshing walk. I would try to listen or read books about investing money. I Would then take MASSIVE action in investing money or taking action and setting up a time to talk to my sponsor THAT DAY. When you are feeling foggy and feeling blog. That is the time to take massive action and call a loved one and tell them how much you love them. It is a good time to clean a room and set aside some goals. Lots of times I start my day with small goals like make my bed or clean my closet. Then from there that gives me good feeling and gets my self-esteem going. Then I take action by calling someone I know and saying I LOVE YOU. I take my personal connections and make them better. You can let the foggyness get you down and get you depressed or you can say NO WAY. NOT THIS AGAIN. I AM GOING TO WORK OUT. I AM GOING TO GET BETTER. EVERY MOMENT IS A GIFT FROM GOD AND I AM GOING TO USE THAT MOMENT TO PRACTICE AND CHANGE MY STATE OF MIND into one of awesome! Then little by little you gain insight on how to manage your emotions. Then day after day you keep practicing your emotions to where it becomes automatic. You feel a bit down or foggy you start moving. You start calling people. You start investing in the future. It takes time but you can build your money, friends, status, faith, love, awesome up. You will be fired up to tell other people how you beat BOOZE AND DRUGS FOREVER. That fire inside will be like a torch burning at a billion degrees to help fuel and drive your spirutal greatness to levels only few have seen. Keep hustling, keep grinding, OUT!!!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great responses Mcribb!

I am 3+ months in and still get hit with these days. Still an experience of discomfort I guess. I've always "used" to escape this discomfort, now I have to find new ways to deal with it, and ultimately get comfortable in my skin. Not an easy task but I am up for it because drinking is not an option anymore for me. Ever.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great responses everyone. so i had one of those mornings and climbed out of bed went to a meeting. at the family this family from nicaragua shared about their son who is pretty much killing himself with alcohol and if we had suggestion. since it sounded like i could help i went to them and shared my story. we live in florida and five months ago things got so crazy that my mother baker act me. she saved my life. i had three days (baked act law says three days of forced detox) and at the end i accepted the help i so needed. since they are from nicaragua they were not aware of the law and i got to be useful. within my foggyness there was a moment of divine presence. thank you everyone
Old 03-08-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there deadlydame!! It will get much better with time!!