Notices

Hard to believe

Old 03-08-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard to believe

I am 3 nights sober now and last night I was so mad that I didn't get to have any vodka. Like a little kids who couldn't have her toy. But man, the mornings are really my reward, no anxiety, no sense of dread, no having to look on FB to see what crap I put on there. It's so freeing! I've read so many of you talk about anxiety from drinking so I was glad to see it's not just me.

So when I'm pissed at night that I can't drink, I have to remember how great I feel the next morning! One day at a time one day at a time one day at a time.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Congratulations. A line from the AA promises, "We will find a new freedom and happiness. " Each day gets easier just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a really good attitude, and it will get easier at nighttime.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done, secretary.

There is nothing quite like a sober, hangover-free morning!!!!!

Carry on; it gets better and better.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post

So when I'm pissed at night that I can't drink, I have to remember how great I feel the next morning! One day at a time one day at a time one day at a time.
If we stay sober for an extended amount of time, we don't miss the days in which we danced with the liquid devil one little bit. We actually see where the sober life is the life that we always hoped for.

M-Bob
Old 03-08-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its the mornings that help keep me sober too, I know if I work through, in the morning I'll feel amazing and safe
Old 03-08-2015, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
If we stay sober for an extended amount of time, we don't miss the days in which we danced with the liquid devil one little bit. We actually see where the sober life is the life that we always hoped for. M-Bob
I like that - the liquid devil. I think that's what I'm calling my AV from now on. Thx M-Bob
Old 03-08-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like liquid devil also! It's full of lies and it comes to steal, kill, and destroy! It is so very nice to wake up and not be ashamed, full of self hatred, checking FB to see what kind of mess you made, to be able to eat and not feel like crap! Yes 100 percent agree sober is better!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Secretary
Old 03-08-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there!! 3 Days is fantastic!!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your progress secretary
Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep up the great work! I don't miss the hell of the morning after either!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

4 nights now and I went out to dinner last night. That was difficult but I got through it! And once again a non-fuzzy morning is my reward. And being among wonderful people on SR. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
I am 3 nights sober now and last night I was so mad that I didn't get to have any vodka. Like a little kids who couldn't have her toy. But man, the mornings are really my reward, no anxiety, no sense of dread, no having to look on FB to see what crap I put on there. It's so freeing! I've read so many of you talk about anxiety from drinking so I was glad to see it's not just me.

Well, technically, you CAN drink, but why would you? There are literally no benefits to drinking. I think there's something that happens to our brains when we tell ourselves we "can't" have something, it's subconsciously telling us that we want it. Alcohol isn't something that should fit into this category, though. It really does nothing positive.

Great job on 3 days sober! Keep it up!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on not drinking. The rewards are great- and get better. Early days can be a challenge due to cravings. Check SR frequently. Post as well as read. SR kept me from drinking during the first couple of weeks when cravings were happening. It keeps me sober now as well.
Reading your comments about anxiety and a sense of dread- I'm so glad I don't have to face that anymore. Once that started to be a regular part of the whole deal I realized that alcohol gives you nothing. On the contrary, it takes.
Stay sober and get the ultimate reward for sobriety: life.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClearMind View Post
Well, technically, you CAN drink, but why would you? There are literally no benefits to drinking. I think there's something that happens to our brains when we tell ourselves we "can't" have something, it's subconsciously telling us that we want it. Alcohol isn't something that should fit into this category, though. It really does nothing positive. Great job on 3 days sober! Keep it up!
Couldn't agree more. Thx
Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post and congrats on four days. I remember the anger. It's not fair. I want some now. Why can they drink and I can't? Just one, please? You're getting through it! Keep going.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GnikNus View Post
Congrats on not drinking. The rewards are great- and get better. Early days can be a challenge due to cravings. Check SR frequently. Post as well as read. SR kept me from drinking during the first couple of weeks when cravings were happening. It keeps me sober now as well. Reading your comments about anxiety and a sense of dread- I'm so glad I don't have to face that anymore. Once that started to be a regular part of the whole deal I realized that alcohol gives you nothing. On the contrary, it takes. Stay sober and get the ultimate reward for sobriety: life.
And here I thought I would have to live the rest of my life with that anxiety. But I don't. Oh joyous day! It's like an anchor has been lifted from the pit of my stomach.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Thanks for the post and congrats on four days. I remember the anger. It's not fair. I want some now. Why can they drink and I can't? Just one, please? You're getting through it! Keep going.

Couldn't agree more Ruby2!! If only I could just drink ONE more and not 50. Thanks for the encouragement!