Notices

bad weekend

Old 08-16-2004, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation bad weekend

hello. for those who don't know, my name is amy and i'm a recovering hydrocodone addict. i've been clean for 1 week, yesterday. i feel very alone and most of the time i find myself wanting to BE alone. my family and future husband are very supportive, but have no idea how to handle any of this. i can't get in to see a therapist until sept. 20th, and i have no one to talk to.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Amy,

You've come to a good place for support and understanding. I'm a recovering alcoholic and I know my family doesn't have much of an idea what I've gone through. That's why it's comforting to visit this site.

You are not alone and that's one of the things that SR can help you with. Have you looked at the Substance Abuse forum also? It might interest you.

Take a look around and make yourself comfortable. I hope you'll hang around and get to know us.

Love, Anna
Old 08-16-2004, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Headed in the right direction.

Hi Amy, Welcome!
Bravo to you for quitting. This is a nice place to come, read posts, and reply. It gives a sense of community if you live in a remote area or don't feel like going out of the house.
I don't know the specific physical feelings you will encounter after quitting hydrocodone. You may need to consult a doctor or at least browse the Narc Anon sites to get a good idea of what you are facing.

YOU CAN DO IT!
Best wishes to you!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR! Congrads on your 1 week clean , that is great !
Old 08-16-2004, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dan

Welcome Amy, and congratulations for your clean week!
Solitude can be good. But the sooner you can share about this with someone the better. A burden shared is that much lighter to carry, as the saying goes.
Glad you're here.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((((((amimichelle))))))))))))))))

BIG congrats on your 1 week clean! I know it doesn't feel better yet..it is very scary and shaky at first..but it gets better my friend. Have you looked into any programs of recovery? NA or SMART are a couple that have really helepd people. I found and so have many others that just stopping the drugs is not enough, but addressing the underlying issues that brought us to trying cope with life via drugs is sooo important. Addiction eats at every part of us. Physical, emotional and mental. It takes time to heal..and it takes work and commitment. I urge you to find a means of support..being here is an excellent start! I am very glad you found this site..it has helepd to save my life..I used pills for 20 years. I am clean today..ANd happy about it. Wasn't so sure at first if being happy AND sober would work. It is the absolutely best thing I have ever done for myself...and my family. To live clean and free from the poison of drugs and work on myself. The rewards of sticking with it are tremendous. Don't give up!! Many DO recover and lead fulfilling, content lives.

Hang in there, find a program that works for you..and work it.

(((((((((((Warmest, Supportive hugs)))))))))))))
Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Amy: you have been clean for a week-- congratulations-- I am starting today. A week from now, I want to be where you are, you are vre brave!
Suze
Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((((((Suze))))))))))))

Huge hugs of support to you also! Good for you for taking this step towards freedom and peace of mind.