24 as year journey of hell; update

Old 03-05-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

24 as year journey of hell; update

In February 2014, I had my son arrested for the first time; however over his 7+ years has stolen much. He was sent to jail and spent 4 months before being admitted to the Salvation Army daytona beach rehab for 6 months where he got worse; now shooting up dilaudin so he says but I think it was heroin. On November 1, 2014 The rehab called me to attend his graduation ceremony on November 2, 2014During opening ceremony Im informed 2 graduates will be postponed until December 2,2014. IT WAS MY SON.; tested positive. This day was a nightmare. I was asked to take him home for fear of his life at the facility. He was in full fledged addiction. After 10 days, I had to have my son arrested for the SECOND time!!! My poor son so sick. I did it to save his life. Today he appeared in court for this last episode. He stole fe another county and they gave him one year in county jail followed by 2 years community control. Today they gave him a year for the dirty urine and unsuccessful discharge from a court ordered rehab. He's been in ja since November 15, 2014. Moms and family this was the hardest act of tough love I ever had to do. I don't know the end of this story but today my son looks healthy. He's alive!!!! Most of all, I'm holding him accountable for his actions. It hurts. I cry every day, but through faith and prayer I'm comforted. My own son has told me countless times....thanks mom for saving my life!!!! I just wanted to say thank you to so many that comforted me in the beginning of this journey. I couldn't have done it without your wisdom, love and kind words. May God continue to bless our addicts and loved ones. Hugs to all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 03-05-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I am relieved for you that he is alive. And my hope for you is that you continue to heal and learn from your experiences and your time with us. God bless you both.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out for your son, that this ends up being one of those strangely wrapped gifts that will finally sober him up long enough to decide to turn his life around.

I know how hard all this was for you, it's not natural for a mother to have to have her son arrested to keep him alive. You most definitely did the right thing and the good part is, your son will see that soon enough.

Keep taking care of you, this has to take a health toll for you.

Hugs from one mama's heart to another's.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for what you are going through Markdara. I too am the mom, of what I hope is, a "recovering" 25 yr old addict son. This journey is so heartbreaking and debilitating for the loved ones of an addict. But the good news is your son has the opportunity now to get on the road to recovery and all of us here at SR will pray that happens for him. Now it's on to you and taking care of you! I see with myself how my son's recent relapse has taken a toll on me personally health wise. We need to focus on strengthening ourselves.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for what you and your family have been through and I truly hope that your son takes advantage of this latest opportunity and begins the journey to a healthy and productive life.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

At least your son will be safer for now, which will give you some good nights' rest. We may not like the idea of our children going to jail, but at least they are alive and safer for it. Good for you for making the call. I'm glad he appreciates it. That is progress. I pray he gets it this time for all of your sakes.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just received a jail mail like an email from my son. He said "mom I want to thank you for coming to court today and always being there for me. I am in good spirits and accept all that I have to face. I do not have one bit of animosity in my heart. I've never felt this way before. I'm tired of what this life created and so ready to LIVE." For today, I'm thankful for my blessings and especially grateful for a wonderful son!! Love to all!!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dearest MarkDara, this is also my story. Our dear son was arrested and in jail TWICE for stealing from us. Many twists and turns along the way and once again his life is saved and he is now in Salvation Army. Your son has realized this gift, it took my son a bit longer to "get it". I still am reserved in hoping, but I believe 100% that my son would have died in 2012 if we didn't proceed with the case against him. He plead guilty, spent many months in jail, went to rehab and got some excellent tools. And after a 12 month on/off run, he is now back in recovery on HIS choice. God Bless!
TT
Old 03-06-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Love, love, love this. Your young man is getting it. It's a shame what it takes for them to get there, but there it is. Good for him!

Originally Posted by markdara91298 View Post
I just received a jail mail like an email from my son. He said "mom I want to thank you for coming to court today and always being there for me. I am in good spirits and accept all that I have to face. I do not have one bit of animosity in my heart. I've never felt this way before. I'm tired of what this life created and so ready to LIVE." For today, I'm thankful for my blessings and especially grateful for a wonderful son!! Love to all!!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So glad he's alive and grateful. Bless you!
Old 03-08-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are so very lucky. I pray my AS would come to this realization. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be done yet. You are blessed. So glad you don't have to worry at night.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

Strength and Blessings are my hopes for you Markdara
Old 03-09-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's been a long journey but working my Naranon program has given me so much strength. Most important loving God has guided and comforted me. The journey continues but just knowing my son is in a good sober mind relieves me. He is making plans for a journey ahead once he's released in August. as for today it's one day at a time!!! Love and hugs to all your thoughtful words and continued prayers. I truly believe God hears our pleading prayers. He's an awesome God if we let him take the wheel and drive our children home. We just have to stay out of His way. Hard for mommas to do!!!!!