Notices

Sliding Doors

Old 03-02-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Sliding Doors

There is this little strip mall in my town that has about 5 stores, one of which is the liquor store. I had some errands to do in the drugstore, and then decided to go into another store about 3 doors down. I had to pass the liquor store. As I passed the liquor store the sliding doors opened and I could hear a gravelly voice whisper, "Come on in my pretty, I've got something you want."

I just kept on walking and went into another store to pick up a few things. But, I had to go back past the liquor store as my car was parked at the first store I had been in. And once again, the sliding doors of the liquor store whispered opened as I walked past. It was like the mother ship trying to call me home.

Funny, of all the stores in that strip mall, the liquor store is the only one with automatic sliding doors - probably so us drunks can get in and out with ease.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think maybe the doors are letting out a huge sigh of disappointment when you keep walking by

Keep it up

D
Old 03-02-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Those darn liquor stores - they know all the tricks.

Next time, hiss as you go by. I learned that trick from the Class of October - very clever.

As Dee would say, by walking past and staying strong you were building those sober muscles, calicofish.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

@soberleigh Oh I like the hissing. Thanks. I am definitely putting that in my tool box. I also have a name for my AV and it is a she (name of an ex-friend/fiend and major beeoch) and I tell her to F.O. when she starts yammering about drinking.

@dee sigh of relief, eh? I found it so weird when I walked by - those thoughts of an evil witch beckoning to just came to mind.

Last night I went to a town activity and it started at 7 pm. And guess what! I had no problems driving there because I was sober! Woo hoo.

Day 7 starts tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post

Last night I went to a town activity and it started at 7 pm. And guess what! I had no problems driving there because I was sober! Woo hoo.

Day 7 starts tomorrow.
Cool stuff, Calico, on both counts.