Notices

Insanity

Old 08-15-2004, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Insanity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi its michelle again

Thanks for your replys. Im just recovering from my latest binge, I went out friday at 7.30 and didnt stop drinking till 730 in morning pretty bad i know, my hangover was unbearable being sick and feelun lousy. Why do i do this sometimes i ask myself but i know really i am addicted to alcohol, i dont want to be i keep trying to control it itell myself to have soft drinks but each time i can't. Whats worse is that i can leave for a few days and then do it again. I dont know the anwsers anymore. everyone i meet seems to drink. my friend who a alcoholic ive just met him and weve decided to not to see each other till the weekend but then what! Weve said we will do other things together like bowling or something but will we. I hope we do. He's starting to like me in a close way and i like him is this good or bad. I still dont feel i want to give the alcohol up though i know its insane but i say to myself well if i only do it once twice a week its alright but its not i know.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((((((((((snowy)))))))))))
was there myself for quite awhile until things got so bad I decided I really wanted help and was willing to go to any length to stay sober. I tried convincing myself that I got sober many times (a week). But eventually I surrendered and made a decision to stay stopped one day at a time with no more lurking notions that I could drink again safely. I finally recognized my mental obsession was keeping my physical allergy alive and well and at the same time ............ it was killing ME.

((((((((Snowy)))))))))),
3 Leg a See
Old 08-15-2004, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Michelle,

I think you're right, that it's not okay to drink once or twice a week when you can't stop once you start. It's up to you decide if you have a problem and if you want to stop drinking, but being unable to control your drinking and thinking about drinking a lot when you're not drinking are signs of alcoholism.

If you decide you want to stop drinking, we're here to offer support and understanding and to help you get through it. Hang around and keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 08-15-2004, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kit

Snowy, if you say you want to stop, then I believe you. Some people take it one day at a time, others look at the big picture. Whatever you do, remember this: Once you stop, you feel so free. That monkey on your back is gone. It's hard, no doubt, but if you can look toward the rewards (like not having a hangover) it really helps. It helps me. Anna is right, this site offers support and understanding and there is always at least one person who will read your post and totally identify with it. Then the magic starts to work. The magic is the love and respect you will get from the people here. Nobody will judge you. So you keep trying and if you fall, try again. You are worth it. Have a nice long talk with your friend and tell him you really don't want to drink this weekend. It would be great if you could support each other. Good luck, Snowy
Love, Kit
Old 08-16-2004, 02:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Red face

I can totally relate to your story Michelle......my addiction
is Pot & although I only did Marijuana once a week......I knew
I had a problem.....I suffer from mental illness & the Pot
doesn't agree with my mind.....but addiction is an illness &
you have taken the right step to recovery by acknowledging
your addiction to Alcohol.
I have been obsessing about Pot lately, but I have decided that
I never want to do Pot again, EVER! This message board will help
you stay sober as there are a lot of people here who want to help
you, guide you & care for you......Be determined to stay sober,
like I'm determined to stay away from Pot.....I wish you all the
success in the World........

God Bless

Simon
Old 08-16-2004, 03:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Michelle, The fact that you're here gives away clues that you'd really rather not be going through this. Have you tried listing all the things that drink is doing to you? and those around you? and see if it feels different after that.

You're clinging to the ledge ok. You may even have a very good grip of it, but if you need someone to hold out a hand for you to grab onto - do make sure that person is a sober person standing atop the ledge, and not dangling there beside you.

Drink does funny things to your head - are you secretly pleased that this guy may give you a good excuse to drink? safety in numbers? Or are you just suffering from the insecurity that drink deals out and wouldn't otherwise look twice at him?

I'm still re-reading this to make sure it doesn't sound patronising. I guess it is though LOL! I just care, I hate to see people going through what I've bin through.

Deg.