Checking In

Old 03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking In

My daughter has ended up in a Florida State Prison as a result of her addiction. She has been incarcerated- again- since last June. She will be getting out sometime after June 2015. I have posted all about her for the last few years in the Substance Abuser forum, mainly. Nice to see this new forum, which will add to all the wonderful support found on this site. My anxiety level is at an all time high, as you can imagine.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Newimage.

I just read your last post about your daughter. I can see why you are feeling anxious.
It never worked out when I let my son live with me. It was always a disaster within 3 or 4 months. It sounds like you've had a similar experience.

I hope she finds some options that are good for both of you. My son lives 6 hours away from me right now and that's perfect. I get to see him a few times a year and I don't have a front row seat to whatever may happen.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think only people that have been in the situations we have would understand that it isn't uncaring to observe that it is a lot easier not to let our kids move back home than it is to get them out once they come home. it doesn't sounds like either you or your daughter benefit with her in your home. I hope during the time that she is still in jail, that you can work on taking good care of yourself and let her find her own way.