Notices

swapping behaviors

Old 03-01-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

swapping behaviors

am wanting to swap behaviors instead of drinking , self injure and take drugs
my news one is making myself throw up i have an eating disorder i have my good days and bad with it
at the moment am on a eating disorder site that has tips how to purge safety
there is no way to purge safety but this one tells you not to use things like a tooth brush or a spoon because you can choke to death and other way of doing it wrong

my mind is on dinner now meant to be eating normally and all i want to do is go to the bath room and purge i know this is a disgusting topic
...its be easier getting drunk and throwing up my husband listens for me purging to try stop me ...he stand between me and the loo

Am i crazy ???
yes i am
Old 03-01-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really think you need to see a psychiatrist. Not a therapist. You would really benefit from medication to stop the intrusive thoughts that torture you.

It's pretty bad, sweetie. Get some medical intervention. You don't have to live like this, and AA is not enough.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i see a psych i have told him about my eating disorder but because am obese they will not do anything because my BMI is too high ( MY BMI is 39) the bmi i can get help with is bmi 17 ( other words emanated ) because according to them my life isnt in danger because am Fat they do nothing about it
makes me feel great about myself as well
Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have obsessive thinking. You have listed (that I remember)

Eating disorder
Alcoholism
Suicidal Ideation
Agoraphobia
Self-harm
Paranoia

There is medication. You don't have to suffer like this.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Am on meds i take one anti depressant one anti psychotic and 2 anti anxiety
they said i have to work with my therapist to get over the OCD thoughts
they said medication cant do everything that i need to change the way i think
Old 03-01-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are in a great deal of pain and deep in a maze of problems, Dark Asylum. I relate to your world quite a bit since I also had periods in my life when I existed in something that felt like a complete different dimension and alternate reality of madness, lost in the labyrinth of my emotions and issues. Alone and isolated, and just wanting to dig even deeper into all of it alone, without any help.

Listen, based on your posts, I think you really need help. And now, not next week or next year -- it's so much more difficult to resolve these kinds of problems the longer they have been going on. I never sought help for my mental health problems until about a year ago when I got sober, and ever since the professionals I have seen seem to repeatedly bring up that I was lucky to get though some periods in the past. Yeah... lucky and resilient, but a lot of it could have been avoided by getting the appropriate help at the right time, in the beginning.

Eating disorders suck, I struggled with those also when I was young and it wasn't any quicker and easier than my alcoholism and the recovery from it. I'm familiar with what you are describing, the pro-eating disorder communities, all that ***. It is gross alright, but it is also very real and can be very dangerous. I almost died once due, in part, to complications of my eating disorder when I was 19, and there was nothing glamorous about it.

What I'm thinking is that you should really see a good psychiatrist, talk with them very honestly about all this, and let them evaluate and help you. What you are saying about the psych refusing help because your BMI is too high sounds unreal and nonsense. If it is true, please find someone else asap.

Your husband may be great support, but he cannot help you truly with these things and I doubt he would truly understand. Get some professional assistance, my friend. I know it's hard but only in the beginning!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have to change the way you think.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I really think you need to see a psychiatrist. Not a therapist. You would really benefit from medication to stop the intrusive thoughts that torture you.

It's pretty bad, sweetie. Get some medical intervention. You don't have to live like this, and AA is not enough.
^See^Above^
Old 03-01-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The number of issues that you are dealing with is going to require some intensive neuropsychiatric treatment. However, to get the treatment you need, you are going to need to be honest.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Earth Child

i see my therapist every two weeks
she trying to help me not use things that could hurt me to use other things that wouldnt be so disruptive and self harming to myself or others