Notices

Alcohol smell

Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol smell

I went out last night for my birthday with a group of friends for my birthday. Did well.....no desire what so ever to drink. I'm over the crap and the negative effects it has on me. The odor of alcohol on people's breath after they've had a few beverages at dinner was so noticeable while I was sober. Never pick up the smell when you've been drinking yourself. Makes me wonder what I reaked like during a weekend bender.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you mean! I can smell it from across the room. It creeps me out too to wonder what I used to smell like.......
Old 03-01-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I recall hugging my XAH and just turning my head in the opposite direction because the "smell" made me sick to my stomach
Old 03-01-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In Vegas this past week as I was headed to check out of my hotel at 0445 I passed a group of folks who had obviously been out and at it all night.... holy cow, the stench of sour, putrid alcohol coming off that gaggle was enough to make me shudder.

so glad to be free of it.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ready to start the battle

I know the smell you mean.... I'm only on day one but the smell of alcohol stinks..... My ex would come home n say he's been for 2 pints n I could smell it :/ I want to b free of that too! Day one of the rest of my life ��
Old 03-01-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 03-01-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeap, on this side of the coin, there's soo much perspective and insight to learn!!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

this is sooo cringe-worthy! it just makes me shrink to think of the many (many-many) times i said such things as "what? me? drinking? noooooo. i don't know what it is you can smell!" i probably stank like a bar rag! god help me! lol!
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What does it smell like? It doesn't smell like regular alcohol, right? I've smelled my hairdresser's breath when she looks like she had a rough night. It's like a sour Nast smell, right?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have been looking for a place to mention this and this looks like as good as any. It's about what grain alcohol actually is. It is bacteria poop. That's exactly what it is. The fermentation is about bacteria eating up the grains or potatoes or whatever and eliminating the waste product. And what they eliminate is bacteria poop. Bacteria poop is alcohol. The buzz -- the drunken effect is that poison - poop - killing brain cells. You talk about the smell, well, there you go. Yum, right?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm noticing the smell more and more. Especially the day after smell like people are sweating stale booze. I bet I smelt like that a lot - not nice...
Old 03-01-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

I know what you mean
Old 03-01-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AddictGuy View Post
Bacteria poop is alcohol. The buzz -- the drunken effect is that poison - poop - killing brain cells. You talk about the smell, well, there you go. Yum, right?
WOW! Did not know that and definitely a great reminder as to why we shouldn't be poisoning our bodies.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I never thought I smelled like alcohol. Damn I am probably wrong. Last night, I had salmon for dinner that was marinated with bourbon. It was good, but the last bite almost almost made me sick. Just smelling the bourbon. It was pre packaged and marinated. Never again. Lol
Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My boyfriend drank too much tonight. I told him about this thread. He just told me he can't drive anywhere because the poop smells are coming from him. I can't help but laugh. It took me a second, he reminded me" last night when you said it was bacteria poop..." I laughed. Thought this might make someone giggle.

Jennifer
Old 03-04-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Last night I was at a community event and sitting beside a man I've never met before. He was very lively and talkative and when he leaned over to speak to me I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I was worried about my own breath too, not due to alcohol but due to the heavy garlic and onions I had consumed in a soup :-) Must remember to carry some breath mints.