Notices

Day 1

Old 03-01-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ready to start the battle

Day 1

Hi there

this is step one of self help to try to rid my demon. Alcohol. This has been a problem in my life since I was 13 years old. Binging. Once a week id binge and over the past 15 years it's slowly developed in to anything from 1-3 times a week. Alcohol isn't my only problem, over the past year I've discovered cocaine and realised this helps to sober you up. Now the problem with this is it keeps me awake ALL night.... It's effecting my work, I have a new job and love it but if I'm up til 5am because I got drunk and did coke...I can't face getting up in the mornings.....my last episode was Friday night and I actually sought
Medical attention for myself as I was that wired I was certain i was overdosed. This was scarey embarrassing and I don't ever want to feel that way again. I know coke isn't a problem until I have alcohol.... When intoxicated it triggers coke......alcohol is the root and it's got to stop now. I'm missing my nephews 2nd bday as I feel so drained from Friday...I'm hoping here will help...I've thought about recovery before but never fancied the meetings......hopefully I can get strength and support from you guys....I'm 28 and don't want to ruin my life anymore x
Old 03-01-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Champagnecharli I am in the exact same boat as you, I am 25, from the UK, have a massive problem with surging when I start drinking I can not stop then that leads to cocaine started Friday lunch time ended up finishing last night 11pm and my name is charlie and I have a huge problem with drinking champagne a lot

I have posted a thread today in this section I am planning to do a 50 day detox from everything whilst exercising a lot (posted in there) and see how it goes after that if I can handle it or if I carry on being a **** doing stupid things and sniffing my brains out then stop for good.

Perhaps we could help each other make sure don't fall of the wagon? I don't want this to be a weekend regret thing only.

Good luck
Old 03-01-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome!

Been there..... left that.

You have taken a step that can guide you to a much brighter life.

Stick with it. I promise it is unfathomably better.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I can relate. In my younger days I did coke so I could drink more, but I was an alcoholic at heart.
I binged, too. For days some times. Alcoholism is progressive especially when blow is involved.
You're young with your whole life in front of you. Pleases don't waste it like I did.
You'll find a lot of support here. Admitting you have a problem is a big first step, so good for you.
Stick around, and best to you.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome ChampCharli! Congratulations on your decision to live a sober life!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, champagnecharli, to SR. You will find plenty of strength and support here.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thankyou everyone I'm actually a bit emotional right now ...nice to feel supported!
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cohina- it's such a relief to hear I'm not alone.....my last episode was Friday at 8pm and finished Saturday around 3pm I would have gone on but I felt I was going to have a heat attack! This is happening to me 2 a week now..., I'm missing work and I'm getting depressed I would love to join you in this detox thing....I haven't gone without drinking less than once a week for 15 years..... I want this
Old 03-01-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just mailed you a plan I am having the heart palpitations at the moment from doing too much coke. It will be hard I think that is why I am doing the exercise as well I have told all my friends I am doing 50 days sober for weight loss/exercise reasons as I am not ready to disclose I have a problem to them.

We can do it I think it is just throwing yourself into something I am going to use this forum,work and exercise.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Champagnecharli!!
Old 03-01-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was doing the same, I cut out the coke, but continued to drink for a few years, it just got messy, I decided to just leave substances alone
Old 03-01-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You have this thread as well now to keep checking so when you think of lapsing just read back here to remind you how bad you felt and if that fails message me