weird

Old 02-28-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

weird

So, my xah has been to every visitation scheduled since Jan 3, is paying child support and just started to pay health insurance. He has a high management job he just started. He is showing me that he can be responsible. I must say it is throwing me for a loop. He is feeling like the man he was sober. It's very strange to go from one extreme to another. Now, we don't talk about his addiction or personal life. It is a supervised visit with our child. But, he is nice. And the visits are pleasant. It's nice.

So, I have never been at this point with an addict. From what I know he hasn't been to rehab and doesn't go to meeting and is still with the scum he was using with. Has anyone been there with a similar story....all the sudden sober? How long did it last for you? Does anyone have success stories. I just have this feeling it won't last, but maybe I'm just use to him always messing up. I do know I have to accept what is now and just take it day by day and no matter what keep my son safe. Supervised visits will go on way longer than he thinks...like 2 solid years!
Old 02-28-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm happy that you have supervised visits. And that he is being nice and also paying child support. You must feel like you are waiting for the shoe to drop ?
Old 02-28-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kinda. I'm enjoying the normalcy, but curious if he is the real deal. My son is so happy to have his father back in his life, but detached enough where I feel safe. It's so complicated. I just can't be anxious about the future and be present. Also, I only am doing what I am comfortable with.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think u have to give it time to tell. I believe people can change and they do it in all kinds of ways. A lot of people never get any kind of help for addictions but end up growing out of them as their life evolves. Even with a rehab or any other kind of help people can still relapse, so nothing provides a guarantee. At least hes keeping up with his responsibilities, and maybe the new job is helping him rise up and get his act together. One day at a time I guess.