Notices

29 Days and not sleeping. Eating everything in sight.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

29 Days and not sleeping. Eating everything in sight.

Here I lie at almost 3am on Day 29 and I'm hyped up yet exhausted. Huge circles under my eyes.

I made an entire batch of brownies and ate the whole thing in a 48 hour period. I'm craving cheese. I'm eating so much string cheese and can't stop. Microwave buttery popcorn needed at 10pm. Drinking whole milk. Yes, whole fat milk and not 2% or 1%. No fruits or veggies on the radar. They're in the fridge but I don't want those buggers!

I am either going to die of type 2 diabetes or sleep exhaustion. Wtf is wrong with my body and should I be concerned.

Sincerely,
Processed Cheese and Brownie Addict
Old 02-27-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's 8.25am in the UK and I've just polished off an enormous liquorice stick - about the size of a Redwood tree. I am having to crack down on my sugar intake and my sleep is still all over the place.

In some ways I'm 'just getting through' the days, but on a motivation side I'm still firing on all cylinders x
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Craving sugar and sweet food is perfectly normal in my experience when you look at how many calories there are in a standard alcoholic drink, hang in there and it will even itself out.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hang in there chiquen!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm eating Japanese curries every day and drinking sugary drinks... I'll have to stop (on Day 29 as well) but it's still better than drinking booze.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Valerian worked for me as did getting up at same time every day
Old 02-27-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with you, chiquen (see my post about coffee ice cream for details). At least, it seems to be a common experience. I'm going to have to get a handle on it though or I won't be able to fit into any of my clothes!

And yes, better than drinking!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Chiquen81 - Congratulations on 29 days. That's fantastic!

In the early days I switched from alcohol to various fruit and protein smoothies. At first, I just bought the ready made ones at the store, then started making them at home. It satisfied the sweet craving, but also provided a lot of vitamins, minerals and protein.

Hang in there. It does get better.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Seems like it happens to many of us. First three months, I was eating non stop (and sweets too) gained a bunch of weight too. I am five months sober now and things got back to normal (well almost). I will go on a diet eventually to loose some extra pounds but people are telling me to wait on that as my system is still fragil. Cravings for sweets are almost all gone and things are more in balance. First three months were the toughest for me. But no worries, it gets better and you do loose the weight and your apetite goes back to normal. As far as the insomnia, I am seeing a psychiatrist (I have another issue that I see her for and therefore we have worked together on the sleeping problem. If you can't sleep at all and the issue continues I would maybe advise you to see a professional. Lack of sleep is such a trigger) Best,
Old 02-27-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My appetite is through the roof right now about 3 months sober. I had zero appetite when I first got sober. The increase in appetite just snuck up on me. I can't tell you how it happened. I've upped my cardio to 45-60 mins per day and added another day of weight training. I'm also eating Quest protein bars (and Whey protein drinks) in place of the the Milky Ways I've been ingesting. The key is stabilizing the blood sugar to keep from foraging for simple,high carbs or plain sugar meals.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 29 is fantastic!!

It gets better, hang in there Chiquen!!