Have been gone for a while...things still bad

Old 08-15-2004, 12:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have been gone for a while...things still bad

:scared1: I haven't posted on this board for several months now...I think I just kind of gave up and tried to accept things as they were. I have an A daughter, to remind you. I think she had hit rock bottom..i know i feel like i have. I can hardly stand to look at her. i certainly try not to think about her. i am too embarrassed to even share with you her latest transgression. Just let me say that i am depressed, ashamed, scared, embarrassed, and most of all sad for her and what she has done and what life holds for her. I don't know who to talk to...so I am just holding it all in right now. My husband is not an option because he is so negative concerning her already...or should I say, he is realistic and honest about her. She was doing well, we thought. Thanks for being my friend...I don't really deserve any friends...there must be something wrong with me to have raised a completely amoral daughter with a drug problem that she refuses to acknowlege. i am back taking my sedatives so that i can face each day...I hate that weakness...but i do enjoy the way the pills take away the pain. Who knows, I may become a drug addict too, on prescription medicine. Thanks for listening to my pity party.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Frannie)))))))

Hey girl I have been wondering what's happening with YOU. We all feel like you do sometimes Fran but, the best we can do for us and them is to keep our own side of the street clean and mind our own business even if it is our kid doing awful stuff. She is not a minor Frannie you are not responsible for her. You can't make her decide anything. You are not her. She is not you.

You do deserve to have friends... What about your work ? Isn't almost time for you go back to school? I am sure those kids need you and that you can make a difference in their lives. I really admire people who teach.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Time out Frannie. Your daughter's addiction is not your fault. I repeat, not your fault. You didn't fail her as a mother. She made her choices and that has nothing to do with how you raised her. Nothing. And you do deserve to have friends. You also deserve to have a happy life.
Embarrassed to share her last transgression? I bet if you did, a dozen or so people here could match or beat it with a story about the addict in their lives. We are all walking the same path here Frannie. That's the beauty of this place. You don't have to feel like you're all alone.
Stick around and vent when you need to.
That's what we're here for.
Big hugs,
Gabe
Old 08-15-2004, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Frannie...in case you missed it above this is NOT your fault!! You did not raise her to be "a completely amoral daughter with a drug problem that she refuses to acknowlege." I KNOW you didn't!

Stick around this time!
JT