Notices

I really can't live like this anymore

Old 02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really can't live like this anymore

So its been 24 hrs since my last drink. The past few days have been a living hell for my wife and I. We got into a major argument and that of course sent me over edge. Long story short she took the kids and left to stay in a hotel for a few days while I stayed behind in my drunken stooper. A lot of it is a blur and I really don't want to know since it will just make me feel a lot worse that I already do. My wife is a true champ....shes stuck out with me during all the battles Ive had with this disease. I don't want to live like this and put her in a fearful situation any longer. She deserves the old me back...the kids deserve their father back and I deserve my health back as I'm a type 2 diabetic and that combo doesnt mix.

Right now I'm filled with sorrow and disappointment in myself and for putting my family through some very tough days. I can't even begin to explain how bad I feel for putting her through the crap I've done. I have to stop this madness or I'll end up in jail where I don't want to be. I need to get my act together. I was self reflecting the other day and boy oh boy alcohol has gotten me some pretty rotten situations. Since I was 21 I have had a total of 4 DUI's...detox twice, rehab once. I'm soon to be 35 with a really good job, loving family, but I can't shake this part of my life. She's at her wits end with the drama drinking has brought to us. I'm personally am fed up with myself as well. The things I've done are unbelievable while drunk. Things I wouldn't even think about doing while sober. Boggles my mind and it sucks!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear how things are for you but it sounds like you have realised what you want and what you need to do to achieve it. I really hope you can get through this
Old 02-26-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alcohol makes us do some crazy things... Stick to your guns and stay sober- it will be good for you and your family.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Finally

deleted
Old 02-26-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do this Getright!!

Get a plan in place and make Sobriety happen, we can't change the past, but we can write the next chapter to our future!!
Old 02-26-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

The negative consequences accumulate quickly, don't they?

What changes are you planning to make? Are you going to be using a particular program?