Notices

Hi

Old 08-14-2004, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hello...My name is Frank..I have been battling Alcoholism for the last six years. I'm 46 now and it has been hell !. Despite numerous hospitalisations, detoxes and rehabs, I continue to go off the rails every three to six months...Although I did obtain 12 months sobriety at one stage..I'm a binge drinker...

I still dont understand any of this, as I seem to go off the rails when everything is going well...So i have taken the decision to go on antibuse..which I have been taking for the last two weeks. I understand is not the answer but I have tried everything else...

Anyway its great to be here :lame:
Old 08-14-2004, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
greeneyedjul

Welcome!

Hi Frank,

Glad you are here. I've got 10 day's and the folks here helped me out through it. They are a great bunch and have so much support to offer. You aren't alone in this. Best wishes to you and keep coming back... I visit here at least once a day to read and share...it works if you work it. I'll be pulling for you!

P.S. Lame? Hardly. You are doing what you need to do for now and then the rest will come.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Frank and welcome !

I am 29, and an alcoholic. When it comes to relapse patterns - I am similar to you, as I would binge from time to time... Plan on talking to my doctor about antibuse this week myself - here is a good link :

http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-a02.html

TG28
Old 08-15-2004, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...
Old 08-15-2004, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hi Frank! Welcome to SR!! This is a great place, full of experience, strength, and hope! Keep working your program and talk to your sponsor. We can beat this thing together. I know my life has changed for the better. Never would have thought it could be this good!!

Hugs to you,
Missy
Old 08-15-2004, 07:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((Frank))))))) Look forward to catching up with you in chatroom. Keep posting and please know you are not alone. Plenty of others here in SR have been binge drinkers and some of us even went BEYOND. We made it out from the Terror, Bewilderment, Frustration and Despair. So can you.

3 Leg a C
Old 08-15-2004, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

Hi frank and welcome to SR, lots of great folks here stick around and you'll see
mike
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Frank, welcome to SR ! I can relate to the craziness when much of my life is going well. I am 38 and an alcoholic. I'm happy your posting here and that your trying.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Frank,

Welcome to sober recovery!! I'm glad you've recognized you have a problem. You're not alone. I'm one of those and BEYOND drinkers 3legs mentioned. I drank because it had become a physical need, I couldn't function without it. The progression it takes still amazes me. Alcohol takes over lives and then ruins them. You're quite on the mark when you mention how you drink when things are going well. Well, we need to bugger things up some how. It's a common pattern for alkies to throw a monkey wrench in, on important dates or events or...just becasue we felt we'd earned it. Good luck on your recovery and stick around and share and draw strength from others.

Take care,

Talia
Old 08-16-2004, 12:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks again guys...your words are very encouraging.....