Notices

AV pissing me off

Old 02-25-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AV pissing me off

Two weeks for me today. It feels like two months. Is that bad? I have been tempted out of stress and routine but I am learning how to replace alcohol with better things- music, reading the threads here, movies on Netflix, playing with the dogs, eating and drinking better things, and also having to deal with the stress better which is hard for me. So far, so good. I m aware of my AV now. It is really helpful for me to think of it as another person that I would like to get rid of. I am mad at my AV and pissed off that it keeps bugging me. Hopefully over time it will just go away. I don't know if that is possible. I hopeful.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

The first few weeks for me were very long
It gets better

D
Old 02-25-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That AV is annoying. It still mumbles stuff to me sometimes. But I disregard it and don't engage in conversation with my beast.

Stay strong, you are doing great!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks Robin!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The longer you are happily sober, the fainter that voice will grow. Stay healthy, mentally and physically, the best you can, and the voice will grow dim and hard to hear. It really does get better. I've got five years and every so often the thought of drinking will come. But it takes me about one second to dismiss that as the destructive lie it is.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

A collection of thoughts about the difference between ME and AV. My AV is like a separate person who did me some favors in high school and now takes every chance to mess up my life

More about AV in this thread that might be helpful to you, Robinz. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 02-25-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It definitely gets easier Robinz. Just keep hanging in there and doing what you're doing.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

time stood still for me, for example, I picked up my meds at the pharmacy, six days later I was there picking them up again. I swore it had been a whole month.
Robinz- Put on some knee pads cuz time crawls...
Old 02-25-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I was mad at my AV for a while, probably a couple of months. Not coincidentally about the amount of time it took for it to start quieting down. Getting a break from fending off its relentless badgering gave me time to be more reflective.

I suspect the same will happen for you. Just keep starving it. Feeding it makes it bolder and more difficult to deal with.

Congrats on 10 days. Keep it going!