Old patterns sneak in

Old 08-14-2004, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Old patterns sneak in

Just when I thought the day was going along well. Spent the day with the kids, and A was fishing. Made the dinner, and A came in announced he had already eaten, and mentioned that he had won a fishing contest several hours earlier, but didn't bother to call and share the news with us. This is silly, but my feelings were hurt because he didn't share the news with us only his buddies, and all he could say was "I'm sorry". That wasn't enough for me, but I am not sure what I wanted from him, and I continued with my hurt mood, and he just sat on the couch and fell asleep, so I came here to vent. I find myself falling into old patterns today as I deal with these hurt feelings. I seem to expect him to make me feel better, and I know that's not possible. How do we deal with these old patterns before they creep in. I feel like I'm falling into a deep dark hole. Kell
Old 08-14-2004, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kell-
I understand how you feel I wish that I had some answers but I am new at this too. I always think of the things that are going well in my life and give myself a little pep-talk. Sounds crazy doesn't it? :andy:
I think sometimes that our husbands don't realize how easily our feelings are hurt and how hard it is to get over it. Not that it makes it ok. HOpefully someone will come along and give a "suitable" reply. Just know that I am here reading if you need to vent again!
~Ski
Old 08-14-2004, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Akell04
I seem to expect him to make me feel better, and I know that's not possible.
Well there you go. Why expect him to make you feel better when you know it's not possible? That is the best part of you talking. It's telling you not to expect from him what he can't give you. Don't fall into the deep, dark hole. Just don't.
As for old patterns, well...they only take over when we let them.
Time for some new patterns, yeah?
Hugs,
Gabe
Old 08-14-2004, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Kel,

I am certain that your SO did not mean to hurt you by waiting until he got home to share his news. Hey, he was fishing, it was a guy thing, and he probably was too busy bragging to the fellas to take time out to call his sweetie. Try not to take it personally and try not to let his words and actions dictate your mood. It's hard, but you can do it!

Take care,
JG
Old 08-14-2004, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the encouragement, this forum is truly helpful. It helps me put things in perspective when I am not thinking clearly. Thanks!!!!