Notices

First appointment

Old 02-24-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First appointment

I saw a psychologist for the first time today. I really worked myself up before I went and had a headache. But it went ok. I got some worksheets to fill out about how I'm doing and what I'm struggling with. I mostly want help with totally avoiding people, any people all people. And I was open about stopping drinking, the only person I have told that I have a problem. Anyway, if anyone else is considering finding a counselor, I'd recommend it. I did a short online search in my area and read the bio's of each counselor. That's how I chose, well that and I looked for a friendly face Hang in there, everyone reading who wants to heal up. You are not alone in your struggles.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds positive Niamh!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
oak

I'm glad it went well.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
I saw a psychologist for the first time today. I really worked myself up before I went and had a headache. But it went ok. I got some worksheets to fill out about how I'm doing and what I'm struggling with. I mostly want help with totally avoiding people, any people all people. And I was open about stopping drinking, the only person I have told that I have a problem. Anyway, if anyone else is considering finding a counselor, I'd recommend it. I did a short online search in my area and read the bio's of each counselor. That's how I chose, well that and I looked for a friendly face Hang in there, everyone reading who wants to heal up. You are not alone in your struggles.
I still see one now, after years of sobriety. If you find the right one they are great xxxx