Notices

Struggle has begun in my head

Old 02-24-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggle has begun in my head

Today is the first day of sobriety for me. I poured out the leftover liquor this morning. The battle has started though. My AV telling me I can always start sobriety tomorrow and how easy it would be to just stop by and get a bottle on the way home.

I keep pushing that thought out of my head. I want to be strong. Tomorrow will be the same battle if I give in today so what's the point in "starting tomorrow" when today is the better idea.

I must stay strong so I can have the life I want.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey! I did the very same thing this morning! I've told my AV to F off for good. I'm staying away from the trigger that used to get me started down the wrong path.

Best wishes, Sinderos!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Your AV is full of lies. When you plan on quitting tomorrow, tomorrow never comes. Coming here to talk it through is a great idea. Keeping yourself busy can help too, idle time and an idle mind is when the AV wakes up and starts talking.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Tomorrow will be the same battle if I give in today so what's the point in "starting tomorrow" when today is the better idea.

I must stay strong so I can have the life I want.
Truer words were never writ.

My AV is a liar and a thief. I quit taking it's advice and my life improved significantly.

You can do this.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel for you, I understand what it's like to have those thoughts. The positive of not drinking is you will wake up clear headed, no regrets. You will be one day stronger and it gets easier with each day. Getting sober is not fun. But staying sober has rewards beyond our understanding. It's so much easier to stay sober than to get sober. As so many have said "We hit our bottom when we stop digging". you may never have to sober up again. one day at a time, one minute if it helps. There are no problems that drinking won't make worse. The voices will eventually subside if you stop listening to them. Have you thought about A.A.? they have a 24 hour hotline with people in recovery to help you.
peace-Jonathan
Old 02-24-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Tell the av to stuff it. You have thought it through and know that tomorrow never comes when you plan to quit "tomorrow." Quit today. Post here often. Read here. We're here for support. Take a different route home. Don't stop unless your life depends on it. You don't need milk bread eggs gum etc. etc.

You can do it.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've read on this site others say there is NO REASON today can't be the first day of getting on with it (it, being recovery). And I would agree, tomorrow will never arrive without finally telling yourself enough is enough. Like so many others, you can do it.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you posted Sinderos

you already know where drinking leads - give not drinking a go...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

D