Notices

Confused

Old 02-24-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confused

Is hanging on to my stuff such a bad thing? I dont intend on using it but the thought of gettting rid of it sends my anxiety to a new level. The last week I've had the shakes sweats annoying headache sometimes I think im hallucinating. Im depressed ... im suppose to take meds for this but haven't I hate taking meds. I know seems odd I wont take meds for depression yet I was doing other stuff to feel good. I can't even wrap my head around that one. On top of all of this my husband says he will take the kids and leave me if I don't get rid of it. I'm annoyed by the situation
Old 02-24-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I personally think it's part of letting go of your addiction. But it's necessary, dump the stuff, take your depression medication as prescribed and start moving forward. One baby step at a time.

Good luck
Old 02-24-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I resisted taking antidepressants for years but I was quite content to drink myself into a stupor. Once I had some sober time I realised that I needed to address my depression and went on some medication. The difference for me was night and day. My sleep improved, I felt calmer and generally more able to cope with life. Give yourself a chance to get better and throw out the stuff. Xx
Old 02-24-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I get where you're coming from about feeling safe if you have what you need. Just in case but if it's there you'll use it eventually. It's just another step you have to go through if you are tempted. If it's easy access you don't give yourself time to have a second thought which you may regret.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.
I have no idea what your stuff involves, if it’s drugs and alcohol get rid of it so the temptation is physically removed.

I find it interesting we don’t like taking our medicine but feed ourselves poison for years.

Some times we need to surrender to win along with others suggestions.

BE WELL
Old 02-24-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would really look at why you're fighting so hard to keep it, 'just in case'?
who's running the show you, or your addiction?

As far as the meds go thats your call.

I used to be against meds too but I've realised not all drugs are equal. Some add to life, and the quality of life - not like the ones that used to steal my life away.

D
Old 02-24-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Reywas67 View Post
Is hanging on to my stuff such a bad thing? I dont intend on using it but the thought of gettting rid of it sends my anxiety to a new level. (
Your anxious because at a gut level you know the truth. If you hang onto your "stuff" whatever that it, you will use, no matter what you say you don't intend on doing.

It's hard enough to quit when there isn't anything in the house. Don't dangle in front of yourself like a carrot, it makes the struggle that much harder.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've gotten rid of my "stuff". Can't believe I did it. I also joined a gym. I'm hoping exerting some energy will make me sleep better. I'm exhausted but still am only sleeping 3-4 hours a day. I just wanna sleep. I lay awake wishing I could use again just one more time. I know I shouldn't but the urge is so great. I'm annoyed ... Very annoyed It feels like I need it.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Reywas67 View Post
It feels like I need it.
Yup. It's called addiction. And that's what it does. It makes you feel like you need it. Rationally you know it isn't true, but it still feels true.

Keep starving that addiction and that feeling goes away.

You can do this.