Notices

Hi from leb

Old 02-24-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
leb

Hi from leb

Hi everyone, I'm just on 7 weeks sober now. Strangely enough I had it quite easy for the first 6 weeks, however things seem to have turned a bit topsy turvey since about a week ago.

At first I could sleep like a baby any time day or night which was great in the early days. Now I can't sleep at all. Naughty food like icecream helped ease any mild cravings I had.

Now I feel quite jittery and tetchy and I can't think what I want to make me feel better. I still don't want to drink and am not craving alcohol as such. I feel like I'm craving something but I don't know what. (maybe I am craving alcohol subconsciously)

Could this be paws? I've noticed a few posts about it, but thought that because I had a relatively easy time in first 6 weeks that I probably would be over the worst. I actually feel worse now than I did at the beginning. (only this week)

Anyway, as always, writing all this down helps ease the symptoms and helps me relax. I'm still determined to stay strong with your support and friendship, Thank you

Old 02-24-2015, 01:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Leb. I'm at 57 days so about the same as you. I had all those symptoms in the first 40 days or so but they're starting to lighten up. The opposite of you I guess. Everybody's different. They say it's pretty rough the first 90 days then gets a little better. Expect it to come and go for a while. Up to a year even. But it'll get better the more time you have in.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 7 weeks sober leb thats fantastic
Old 02-24-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting to week 7 x
Old 02-24-2015, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on 7 weeks - I had to look up 'tetchy' - not a common "american" word.

expect to have ups and downs over the first six months or longer, some have less, some have more, just understand it is part of the healing process - I don't get into the paws discussion at all... I'm not educated enough on the topic...
Old 02-24-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to sobriety.
There are many different mental and emotional results from drinking and will be lessened the longer we are sober. Try concentrate on other things like exercise ‘ trekking, fishing and many other wonderful detractions you have available.

Attending AA meetings has helped many millions over the years and is available on the SI. I went to quite a few in QT with the great people there. In fact my meeting attendance all over was about as enjoyable as the rest of the visit highlights.

BE WELL
Old 02-24-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

HI Leb, awesomeness on your 7 weeks.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

7 Weeks is fantastic Leb!!