Notices

23 Days

Old 02-23-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

23 Days

It is fantastic being home. I am having so much fun with my son. I know I am so much more present and active.

I think my biggest struggle right now is just the anxious feeling I have. As I just stated, I feel so much more mentally present, but I also find it hard to just stay in and enjoy the moment. I get really anxious and I can feel the anxious feeling in my heart. I am not sure what it is, but it is one of the reasons I used substances in the first place. I felt like the substances released my anxiety and let me just stay in the moment. I can always feel my mind want to escape the moment---even if the moment is good. I am not sure why I am like this.

Like I said, I feel really good right now. I am happy and I love being with my family. I should say I LOVE LOVE LOVE being with my family. Why do I have this anxious feeling though? Does anyone know what I am talking about? How do you guys and girls deal with anxiety and just staying in the moment and not letting your mind wander?
Old 02-23-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 23 Beddy

Its normal to have bouts of anxiety our body takes time to recover

if its persistant possibly spk to a Dr have you tried meditation or mindfulness

breathing exercises help
Old 02-23-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 23 Beddy!!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on your recovery time! My anxiety started to become less and less the longer I stayed sober. I tried to keep myself busy and away from stressful triggers. I also cut back on caffeine.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beddy3484 View Post
It is fantastic being home. I am having so much fun with my son. I know I am so much more present and active. I think my biggest struggle right now is just the anxious feeling I have. As I just stated, I feel so much more mentally present, but I also find it hard to just stay in and enjoy the moment. I get really anxious and I can feel the anxious feeling in my heart. I am not sure what it is, but it is one of the reasons I used substances in the first place. I felt like the substances released my anxiety and let me just stay in the moment. I can always feel my mind want to escape the moment---even if the moment is good. I am not sure why I am like this. Like I said, I feel really good right now. I am happy and I love being with my family. I should say I LOVE LOVE LOVE being with my family. Why do I have this anxious feeling though? Does anyone know what I am talking about? How do you guys and girls deal with anxiety and just staying in the moment and not letting your mind wander?
Great job on 23 days, isn't sobriety great? Anxiety associate with coming off certain chemicals (incl. alcohol) is well documented and has been experienced by many of us. Among other things, the brain's normal self-calming mechanism is thrown off. Time repairs things though, so stay strong!