Notices

People can be rude

Old 02-23-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People can be rude

Hi, IPWML here: I'm still sober and still find coping with the consequences difficult.

But now, on to what I really wanted to say: you see, yesterday I saw this heartbreaking documentary, about the consequences of years of alcohol-abuse. I really really felt for the people featured in it. Korsakoff's disease just takes the life right out of a unique, beautiful human being, who could've had the potential of reaching the top and shine, in their own special way.

But what I found really alarming, was the YT-comments featured below the video, from ignorant, cruel people, who've clearly never had more problems, than the new smartphone being unavailable:

" they couldn't bring themselves to feel pity for stupid people, who had CHOSEN to do that to themselves", " they found it FUNNY, that those useless deadbeats had gotten what they deserved and wouldn't pose a threat to society any longer"... need I go on?

I think someone really needs to inform said individuals, that alcoholism often isn't a choice, it's a DISEASE: once you start, you can't stop and it can happen to ANYONE: young, old, rich, poor, male, female.

So there: I just needed to get that off my chest, feel free to respond and let me know how you feel about this matter.

And I love all you people, for the support I've gotten on this site, already.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I fully agree with you that these people who made bad comments have no idea whats its like to have this problem if they did they wouldnt have said what they said

and i also agree that this is a supporting forum i love it here
Old 02-23-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stupid comments from stupid people.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Reading the comments on Youtube videos, or any news website for that matter, is usually a bad idea. There are ignorant and hateful people in the world and those anonymous billboards are place where they spew there ignorance and hate. It's the electronic equivalent of the bathroom stall wall.

Many sites have the comments section "hidden" by default for that very reason - I know that youtube does. If it bothers you, the best solution is to simply not open them up to look.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Don't forget that the commentors may be suffering with an affliction themselves.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, with my post. That was never my intention. Heartfelt apologies and best wishes.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ipaidwithmylife View Post
I'm sorry if I offended anyone, with my post. That was never my intention. Heartfelt apologies and best wishes.
No offense taken at all, or apologies needed.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

There are some haterful ppl in this world i agree with Scott