The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 23

Old 02-22-2015, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 23

FEBRUARY 23

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Strength

We don't always have to be strong. Sometimes, our strength is expressed in being vulnerable. Sometimes, we need to fall apart to regroup and stay on track.

We all have days when we cannot push any harder, cannot hold back self-doubt, cannot stop focusing on fear, cannot be strong.

There are days when we cannot focus on being responsible. Occasionally we don't want to get out of our pajamas. Sometimes, we cry in front of people. We expose our tiredness, irritability, or anger.

Those days are okay. They are just okay.

Part of taking care of ourselves means we give ourselves permission to "fall apart" when we need to. We do not have to be perpetual towers of strength. We are strong. We have proven that. Our strength will continue if we allow ourselves the courage to feel scared, weak, and vulnerable when we need to experience those feelings.

Today, Higher Power, help me to know that it is okay to allow myself to be human. Help me not to feel guilty or punish myself when I need to "fall apart."

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This post was so very timely for me. In the past week, I've been somewhat out of line w/2 of my coworkers on separate occasions. On each occasion, I've promptly and sincerely apologized and then fretted and stewed and beat myself up for not being perfect.

Hey, I've been working a ton of hours, I am getting NO support from my boss, those coworkers, in all honesty, DO lean on me a LOT, and I'm just tired and stressed.

Does that mean I'm justified in my actions? Well, no, but it DOES mean I'm human, I reached my limit, and I reacted badly. And that's going to happen from time to time. And that's OK.

I pick myself, dust myself off, apologize to those I offended, and I press on, trying my best. That's all any of us can do, right?

Higher Power, help me to remember this about myself as well as about everyone around me!!