Notices

I am proud of myself today :D

Old 02-22-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am proud of myself today :D

I did good!

My girl and I were going to eat ramen because it was a bit cold and rainy here in California, and we don't get that often, so we figured we would take advantage. Well... the line was to packed (sad) for us to wait today due to time constraints. I chose a place that has excellent beer and what I thought had good food. It is still so automatic for me to chose places like this unfortunately but I was happy that I didn't get any beer. Instead I order an Arnold Palmer.

Then we drove to my parents because my dad is lending me his car mean while our other car gets out of the body shop. My dad is an alcoholic. He had a bag full of beer in the van and asked if I wanted one... it is really hard to say no to my dad. I said no but he or I wasn't convinced until I said I am not drinking dad with a little more conviction. It is two victories in one day.

What kept me strong was thinking how happy I was last night to be home and safe with my gf. I got to bed like at 5:30am and it wasn't from drinking (studying). That was one of the first in a long time I done that and it was for something productive.

This is my second time out in settings that I would otherwise make me drink since I started stopping 20 days ago +/- 1 day.

I am really tired as I only got two hours of sleep. I am going to take a caffeine nap wake up and prepare some more so that I can kick butt my first day of work tomorrow. Sorry for typos and if this is all jumbled up piece of writing. To tired to want to re-read and correct errors and fluidity.

I just felt like sharing
Old 02-22-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow!!! I have to ask there was a line for ramen??? Those noodles???
Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go!!! I hope tomorrow goes great

I'm with Della, though - a line for noodles?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome news GWTF good luck for tomorrow
Old 02-22-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job! It can be hard to say no to family and friends.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Good luck tomorrow!!! I have to ask there was a line for ramen??? Those noodles???

Thank you guys!! The caffeine nap did the trick!

hahaha, yes a line for noodles!!... actually the real reason we all want to wait in line at this place is for their most excellent broth! That broth is simmered for 18 hours and you taste the time and love when you slurp up that rich flavor. I have been to other ramen houses and this one, up to now, has my heart. It would have been so delicious to have a nice hot bowl today!

Hopefully next weekend
Old 02-22-2015, 11:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
levonhelmrules

Great post. I thought I was over reacting when I won a few of those battles where you end up in places is used to drink, or with people we used to drink with. It seemed so easy in theory, but difficult in reality.

Great post, and nice victorys.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great stuff GoesWithTheFlow - best wishes tomorrow
Old 02-23-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!