Notices

I Need Help, It's Killing Me!!!

Old 08-14-2004, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Exclamation I Need Help, It's Killing Me!!!

I Dont Know Where 2 Begin. My Name Is Luther M. And Im An Addict. My Addiction Is Ripping My Life Apart. Im Powerless Over My Addiction And I Really Need Some Help On Learning How 2 Turn It Over 2 My Higher Power, Whom I Call God. Im Loosing Everyone And Everything Close 2 Me. C-r-a-c-k Has Turned My Life Upside Down. I Feel I Have Lost Control. Iv'e Lost My Dignity, Selfrespect, Idenity, And Now Im Loosing My Family. Deep Down Inside I Know Im A Great Guy With Good Potiential And Great Intentions. But C-r-a-c-k Is Robbing Me Of All Of My Followthrough. Im Starting 2 Feel As If I Can't Beat It. The Most Clean Time I've Had Is 3 Months. I Really Enjoy Being Clean And Sober, But I Lost My Sobriety By Allowing Stress And Frustrations Get The Best Of Me. I Haven't Had More Than 2 Weeks Strait Clean Time Since. I Dont Know What My Problem Is, But I Know I Have Yet To Learn How To Turn It Over To My Higher Power. There Are Times When My Intentions Are To Turn It Over, But It Seems As If Take Matters Right Back Into My Own Hands. Please Give Me Some Advice And Opinions. I Really Don't Want To Continue Living My Life This Way. I Want To Be Clean And Sober. But Most Of All, I Don't Want To Loose My Familly
Old 08-14-2004, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Grabber...welcome to SR.

I am a family member so I know they love you. It just hurts too much to watch.

Make yourself at home here and check out the NA forum.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-14-2004, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Luther)) Good for you for deciding to stop the insanity! It sounds like you have been doing NA? Do you have a sponsor? Welcome to SR!! Lots of great people here who understand.

Hugs,
Missy (alkie)
Old 08-14-2004, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Grabbber, welcome so SoberRecovery. I'm so sorry you're having a bad time with this. We all understand, I'm fighting alcohol, I don't know anything about drugs, but I do know an addiction is an addiction, and all of them are ugly, and all of them sink their claws real deep in us.

You're on your way today, reaching out for help, but you have to LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN to the help that will some your way. You can get yourself out of this mess, but you have to really want it, and WORK hard at it, that means look for face to face help, you can't do it on your own, most can't anyway.

Please go get some outside help, and don't be afraid, they will guide you, get you on the right track get your thinking right, and yes your HP, he's there waiting for you to connect with him, and when you find him, hang on hard, your answer is there, don't be afraid. Time to stop this INSANITY.

Wishing you all the best on your recovery, and I'm so happy you've found SR, the gang here are the best teachers around, BUT you have to LISTEN, let them help guide you. The love, understanding, and non judging is ah heck they are the BEST.

Love and hugs.....Denise
Old 08-14-2004, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Welcome to SR Luther. So glad you have found us. I can relate to alot of what you wrote..There IS hope though..never thought I could get clean..let alone stay clean...AND be happy. But I, and others have. Hope you stick around, post wherever you like....and you will find amazing friendship and support.

((((((((((Welcoming HUgs)))))))))))))
Old 08-14-2004, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face welcome !

I know the struggle you are going thru right now . I went thru the same . I surrendered and turned my life and will over to the program ( NA - AA ) Went to meetings , took suggestions and got a sponser . I have not used for 9 months . You can do it too . There is a miracle for you ..I am pulling for you ! Get some rest ! Prayers ^ Trish
Old 08-14-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Luther, you do know what your problem is. You said it your self you are an addict. What can you do about that? for starters you can make this commitment today to stay clean. You can get in touch with that sober self. Get deep down in your self and pull that great guy out. You know Him he is the guy with good intentions and great potential. Take that energy you give to the addict and give it to the great guy deep inside of you. Help him up and support that guy. It is going to be work but you can do it. The pay of is that you will be sober. You will be free from active addiction. You will have to carry that addict around with you and that load will be heavy. We are all in that boat. Looking foward to reading your great new adventure on the path to sobriety. Good luck