Hi all...checking in

Old 02-20-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all...checking in

It's been awhile, my lovely friends. I stepped back for a couple of months because I felt like I wasn't being particularly helpful, and I was just in a phase where it felt like EVERYTHING was triggering me.

Anyhoo...not much new to report. AH is still drinking. As hard as it was to solo parent our son while he worked out of town for a year, I miss the peace and serenity that came with not having all that ridiculousness around on a daily basis. He has been back for almost 8 months, and has impressed the local contractors enough that it seems like he won't have to travel for work again (barring a huge economic recession). We are no longer attending counseling with the marriage/addiction counselor, because it just wasn't in the budget with my AH's diminished income during wintertime. I'm trying to work on myself. I've fallen off the weight loss and exercise wagon, though, which I need to fix PRONTO.

I'm still making slow but steady progress toward leaving. Getting the money saved, getting stuff figured out for where our son will attend school in the fall. That's my last big issue--I don't want a fight over that involved in a divorce. Open enrollment letters will come out in June (don't want the little guy attending the district we live in, plus I want the freedom to be able to move to any number of suburbs/neighborhoods).

Work has been busy, which is good. I remain super proud of how far I've come, but still find myself sucked in to random old behaviors and reactions at odd times. Like when my AH did not even give me a card for Valentine's Day. I mean, really...why should I care at this point, after everything that has happened? But my feelings were hurt. So I just try to process my feelings about stuff and then move on.

Otherwise, work is good, the kids are good, and I'm just putting one foot in front of the other, one day at a time, finding joy wherever I can.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wisconsin, you sound really really good in the middle of a blah temporary situation! I so glad to hear! Keep taking care of yourself!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there...I am new to the forum...how long have you been in the planning stages of ending your relationship? Sounds like you are doing a great job moving forward and making plans for you and your son. I have two boys myself...
Old 02-20-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Keep taking good care of you my friend ~ I truly believe by taking care of you and focusing on your recovery & the next right thing like you are doing - everything will fall into place like it's suppose to!

BIG PINK HUGS!!