Notices

Day 1 tomorrow.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 tomorrow.

Giving this another try. I've cut down over the last few days and feel ready to jump off tomorrow. I hate this so much. I'm so sick and tired all the time, I don't know how many more goes I've got in me, ugh! Back in the morning. :-(
Old 02-20-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Funtimefranky; good to hear that you are going to give sobriety another shot.

Why not start today????!!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back.

Your statement “I don't know how many more goes I've got in me, ugh!” is something to very seriously consider as many can’t do it 2-4 times without very serious consequences. Misery being perhaps the least.
Alcohol is powerful, cunning, baffling and insidious. It twists our thinking by telling us we can manage on our own and control our drinking along with other nonsense.

BE WELL
Old 02-20-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Funtimefranky View Post
feel ready to jump off tomorrow. (
Your previous post was entitled "Tomorrow is a 'new' day 1" Similar to today's.

Putting off quitting until tomorrow, or until you feel better, or until you are ready isn't committing to quitting. It's committing to continue drinking.

I hope for your sake that you truly are ready.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today is a great day to stop drinking.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome back, Funtimefranky; good to hear that you are going to give sobriety another shot.

Why not start today????!!!!!
Honestly? It's after 2pm and I'm drinking Cava and freshly squeezed orange juice. Freshly squeezed to make my drink more healthy lol, lol! I finished the last of the gin this morning. That's the sad truth. I'm also using the orange to spread this last bottle throughout the rest of the day but the reality is, it will be gone in an hour and a half max so in theory I guess I ŵill be starting today if I don't purchase another bottle. It's hard once I've started but I have managed before. Whatever the case I've made a commitment not to drink tomorrow, that's as honest as I can be right now. I know I've not much time left if I don't stop soon....it may even be too late already who knows. I'm so tired and in pain I rarely leave the house now, what a life! What a bastard disease!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is truly a horrid disease, funtimefranky, simply horrid. What often comes to my mind, though, is that, unlike cancer, the symptoms and progression of the disease can be permanently arrested by never again taking a drink - simple, not in any way imaginable easy - yet simple.

You can do this, franky; you absolutely can. Start drinking lots of water to rehydrate and get to sleep as soon as you can.

We are here for you.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Welcome back.

Your statement “I don't know how many more goes I've got in me, ugh!” is something to very seriously consider as many can’t do it 2-4 times without very serious consequences. Misery being perhaps the least.
Alcohol is powerful, cunning, baffling and insidious. It twists our thinking by telling us we can manage on our own and control our drinking along with other nonsense.

BE WELL
Thanks for the reminder, you are so right. I need constant reminding, I just keep slipping. Recently, I went three weeks then I came across an article that reminded me a glass of wine a day was beneficial to health. T'was music to my ears! Course we know where it led. I need a watchman, it's such an ordeal. Thing is, I don't even enjoy a drink anymore.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Your previous post was entitled "Tomorrow is a 'new' day 1" Similar to today's.

Putting off quitting until tomorrow, or until you feel better, or until you are ready isn't committing to quitting. It's committing to continue drinking.

I hope for your sake that you truly are ready.
Did I really write that?! Wow! I'm as ready as I will ever be but I do need to work on my plan for sure. Thanks Carl
Old 02-20-2015, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
It is truly a horrid disease, funtimefranky, simply horrid. What often comes to my mind, though, is that, unlike cancer, the symptoms and progression of the disease can be permanently arrested by never again taking a drink - simple, not in any way imaginable easy - yet simple.

You can do this, franky; you absolutely can. Start drinking lots of water to rehydrate and get to sleep as soon as you can.

We are here for you.
Thank you Leigh, I'm glad you said that bc although I know it's ultimately my fight, I'm gonna need you guys. Thanks again x
Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We won't let you down; we are and will be here for you.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Acceptance is key FTF

Having support helps
Old 02-20-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Acceptance is key FTF

Having support helps
Lovely sig!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So day one is here and here I go. Of course I got another bottle yesterday. Nagging pain in my kidney area, ugh! I can do this! BBL
Old 02-21-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Make a definite plan Franky. Find support & use it.

make sure this time is different, ok?

D
Old 02-21-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Make a definite plan Franky. Find support & use it.

make sure this time is different, ok?

D
I do need to make sure this time is different. I need to stick around here and I m considering a meeting. I had a thought earlier, I wondered, if alcohol had no adverse effects, would I sill want to quit? That's a tricky, maybe not even relevant question but boils down to the question, what do I get from alcohol?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nice to see you, franky.

Drink plenty of water today in order to rehydrate.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Funtimefranky View Post
I do need to make sure this time is different. I need to stick around here and I m considering a meeting. I had a thought earlier, I wondered, if alcohol had no adverse effects, would I sill want to quit? That's a tricky, maybe not even relevant question but boils down to the question, what do I get from alcohol?
Why don't you make a list of what you get from alcohol. Put all the positive effects in one column and all the negative effects in another. That might give you some perspective on where you are at with your drinking.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I only got a couple of hours sleep last night, feeling awful today. I'm soo tired but too wired to sleep. Trying to be positive...