Secular Boundaries material

Old 02-19-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Secular Boundaries material

In the past I attended a faith based Boundaries workshop by two authors Cloud and Townsend.

I am trying to find a non-faith based course that covers the same material but searching amazon hasn't really produced anything I like the look of. Wondering if anyone knows of or has used anything that might fit the bill?

Dinkodog
Old 02-19-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a part of the Growing Down-Inner Child work on the left menu.

Establishing Healthy Boundaries
Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What types of material were in the course?

I did a discussion with my counselor, and the topic is included in several books Ive went through, but not sure its what your looking for. SMART Recovery discusses boundaries in the family guide, and meetings. I will ask if they have any particular books to recommend on the topic, and if so I will post it here for you.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The link that Morning Glory provided has a great summary of all the material. But I am looking for a book format with perhaps a leaders guide.

The material by Cloud and Townsend was expansive with illustrative examples, question sections at the end of each chapter for discussion groups etc.

It is however, very Christian in its approach supporting each step in the process with scripture. I have several friends wanting to do a group study on boundaries in co dependent recovery but find the overt Christian material objectionable.

Don
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dinkodog View Post
The link that Morning Glory provided has a great summary of all the material. But I am looking for a book format with perhaps a leaders guide.

The material by Cloud and Townsend was expansive with illustrative examples, question sections at the end of each chapter for discussion groups etc.

It is however, very Christian in its approach supporting each step in the process with scripture. I have several friends wanting to do a group study on boundaries in co dependent recovery but find the overt Christian material objectionable.

Don
Codepenency and boundaries. I doubt I will find anything fitting the bill at Smart because the concept of codependency originated in 12 step programs which are generally HP related.

Smart just focuses in general on healthy boundaries, leaving out the whole concept of codependency, as did the counselor I worked with. But I did send out an sos over there just in case.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Better late than never I guess. This book was recommended from Smart Recovery:

Boundary Power: How I Treat You, How I Let You Treat Me, How I Treat Myself

Mike O'Neil, Charles Newbold