Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Lots of regret, righting a wrong " If you drink i say who cares"

Notices

Old 02-17-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"If you drink i say who cares" What moron would ever post post such moronic dribble. We should take this gent out and publicly flog him. Wait, I am that moron, I posted that. Thats right, for sometime I told alcoholics look if you want to drink we can't stop you from drinking,and if you do drink its ok move on. Foolish and reckless words, honestly I was giving myself an excuse to drink. I wanted to drink so I thought I could minimize my behavior..... Relapse is serious, drinking is serious, get help and ignore my old post. Please if I could delete those post they would be gone in seconds.

Its time to right a wrong, if you stumble onto one of my old post and read any of my old blatherings, I am responsible for writing those post but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU EVER, I MEAN EVER GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO THOSE POST. They're absolute rubbish and down right dangerous.

My new mantra, don't drink, no matter what don't drink. Drinking kills, any relapse can kill you or set you up to fall further. Sobriety is a gift and should be respected as a gift. If you happen to falter and drink, reexamine where you are at, and build on that experience, but have a plan. Don't be nonchalant about relapse, not to say freak out. However, you must come up with a plan and find a support system and try to get sober.

With that, I am sorry those post were from a different person in a different place, and the guy that posted those messages was angry, bitter and self destructive. Ignore those post. He didn't know how to be sober, and thought he had answers.

If you've drank, are drinking, can't stop whatever. Get help immediately reach out, there are people there. Someone is here 24 7, don't dwell on what happened but know that you should seek guidance. If you stumble on one of my old post, ignore that jackass..... That advice was not sound, and I regret writing those things.

Sorry SR, we proceed together sober, with the mission of remaining sober a community I've grown to love and cherish. Good day!
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi DeliveryGuy, I wasn't around when you made these posts, but I wouldn't be so harsh on yourself - I think rather, everyone here would appreciate how far you've come. I've only been here a day or two, but I enjoy reading your posts and what you have to say - your words are a testament to the journey you've been on, and I look forward to them.

I often adopted the 'if you drink then who cares!?' attitude myself, though in my case I never really said it to anyone, but rather told myself that. I mistakenly thought I could stop when I wanted, despite the ever-building and blatant evidence otherwise. I'd go out for a walk to the bottle shop thinking "today is the last day, tomorrow I'll give it a rest", despite already planning in the back of my mind what time the next day I'd head out again and how I'd sneak it into the house! It sounds ridiculous, but I had two genuine contradictory beliefs at the same instant.

Will continue to look forward to hearing from you TDG.

Seb.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Journey of Sobriety

What's important is you now recognized why you did what you did. Now you can move forward. Everyone has made inaccurate statement when they themselves were ignorant of the topic at hand. You are no longer ignorant, and can see that your AV was really talking. It's awesome that you are owning your past, keep on the progress!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thank you for the post, don't be to hard on yourself. I manage a sober living house for men, and until recently I was a sponsor to 1 guy. I told him he can't go to bars and stay sober, I haven't heard from him since. Last Thursday I had to kick a guy out of the house for stealing, and found out he was using heroin. my point is that I can't get or keep anyone sober. I also think that I can't make anyone drink. People will do what there going to do no matter what. When the student is ready the teacher will appear. it doesn't stop me from trying, I realize that even if the person I'm trying to help doesn't stay sober. I do. Glad you recognized your change in attitude though, and yes relapse can be deadly. I know this, I've seen it up close and personal. But really It is ultimately there choice.
peace-Jonathan
Attached Images
Old 02-17-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
New Life Sober

Hey TDG,

There is a times we read our old posting and wonder why we said that, that's because we were not in our right mind, either , lonely, anger, hungry, overwhelmed, and tired. I only been on here 14 days and I always liked your logic. If I disagree I just ignore it, that is how I am. But if I like the logic ill take it and put it a box of things I can use when I need it.

So like Sabastian and serenityfreedom says, don't be so hard on yourself. Your logic helps others no matter if you don't think so.

Hang in there, glad you let that go!!
Old 02-17-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jeremy,

I think it was thoughtful of you to reflect on the earlier post. Accountability in recovery is, I think, a sign of growth.

Keep strong in your sobriety and recovery. They are the foundation from which you will continue to rebuild.

Best regards,
Venecia
Old 02-17-2015, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck with your sobriety, you can do it.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today is where its at Jeremy. Don't get weighed down by yesterdays

D
Old 02-18-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good post Jeremy
Old 02-19-2015, 01:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Your post shows how far you have come, Jeremy.

Well done my friend. Look to the future !
Old 02-19-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DK3

No problem. And thanks for the post. It's great that you're a different person now!
Old 02-19-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Realising my life

It really is great to see how far you've come, Jeremy. I hope you can see that for yourself, too. Be proud, my friend xxx
Old 02-19-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

THATdeliveryguy, our beliefs constantly change, either for better or worse. Your beliefs changed for the better! I can relate to you because I have had similar beliefs on drinking not long ago. Reflecting and realizing your past beliefs were wrong, shows good growth on your part. My best to you.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Some of my older sober posts are pretty whack also TDG. Love that mantra.